49. Anti-Hero

Yo!!

The battle between Gaara and Akina will happen in a flashback so I skipped it for now.

Enjoy!

<3

PS: WE'RE ON THE FORTY NINTH CHAPTER!! ONE MORE TILL HALF A CENTURY!

*pterodactyl screech*

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Akina slightly hummed a tune, making tea for Asuma and herself. Asuma still didn't know what to make of the female. She killed him, but then she brought him back to life. Sakura was dead- now alive- and she was the cause. Again.

Females are weird.

Looking at her bandaged hands, he knew it wasn't easy.

"How did you do it?"

Akina stopped stirring the tea.

"I have a power. Its called the rinnegan, one of the mythical dojutus. The Sage of Six Paths had it and so do I." She slightly flashed her eyes in his direction before looking back to the pot, making sure to add some sugar.

Asuma gaped. "Holy shit. But, why are you telling me this?"

"Because.. I'm not sure what to do with you." She admitted quietly.

"Should I let you go back to Konoha, or make you stay here?" Asuma looked at his bandaged torso.

"Let me go back."

Her grip on the wooden spoon tightened.

"No. I killed you so that your team.. Shikamaru, Choji and Ino could undergo some 'character development'. I need them to be stronger for the final battle against the Akatsuki."

"I'm going back.. You may not know but Kurenai-"

"-is pregnant with your child. I know." Akina calmly stated, as she took the pot and began pouring the tea in two cups.

"Do you perhaps know the gender?"

Akina blinked.

"Yes, I know its name as well. I know for a fact that they grow up to be a strong ninja."

A proud smile took over his face. "That's... good."

She nodded, and tried to hold the tea cups, her hands quivering like mad.

Tea spilled out of the rim of the cup as she set it down, hissing in pain.

"How will you drink it?" Asuma questioned her. She looked at him as if he was insane. And maybe Asuma was. Her gaze was intense and she had a dumbfounded look.

"I have my mokuton." Akina said softly as small wooden shaped hands came from her forearms, alarming the Sarutobi greatly.

It was like her substitute hands.

"I'm going to leave." Asuma got up and began walking towards the door, as Akina stared after him, taking a sip of her tea calmly.

"Then leave if you can."

She muttered the last part under her breath, but Asuma heard it and looked wearily at the door. Pulling the handle open, he walked out and took a step into the fresh air. He took in a deep breath, chest heaving.

"Ahh that feels good!"

He began walking, Akina staring after him, a small smile on her face as she took another sip of her tea.

He began running.

He blinked his eyes once and gasped, taking a view of the scenery around him.