Chapter 14

Once the concert ended Ashton and I headed back to the car and I don’t know what time it was but I didn’t mind.

“That was one of the best concerts I’ve been too” I told Ashton not getting over the fact I saw my favourite band of all time.

“Who was your first concert?”

“I can’t say it’s a bit embarrassing” I said blushing

“Come on you can tell me”

“It was One Direction”

“Really One Direction, well I can’t blame you or make fun of you because I took my sister and we both fan girl and by the way I think Niall is the cutest” Ashton told me with sass making me laugh

“Couldn’t agree with you more” we got to Ashton’s car and before we got in the car Ashton said

“So ready for dinner”

“Ashton it’s about midnight nothing will be open”

“Oh but your wrong, come on time for a macca’s run” Ashton and I got in the car driving to a macca’s near campus.

 - - -

Ashton and I were at macca’s having a nice chat and playing 20 questions, I asked Ashton which celebrity he would see run in their underwear and his answer surprised me.

“So wait you want to see Rebel Wilson in her underwear”?

“Yeah of course she’s great and I would like to see that in the news and see what people say”

“Fair enough” Ashton took a sip of his frozen coke and he said

“So if you don’t mind me asking, what’s the deal with your brother”? I knew exactly what Ashton meant and maybe I should tell him, he held onto my hand and I looked up at him “Just tell me when you feel comfortable” I took a deep breath and decided to tell him.

“Ever since my brother was little he’s been getting bullied a lot and he may only be 12 at the moment but his already at that point where he doesn’t want to be here that’s why I try to talk to him as much as I can so he didn’t feel like that again, his a teenager this year but acts like his around 10 which I don’t mind it’s just none of the kids at school give him a chance and it’s heartbreaking to see my brother go through being rejected, being basically an outcast and when he was 10 he was getting bad I mean imagine a 10 year old having thoughts like an older person not wanting to be here anymore his never cut himself which I’m proud of but I still worry a lot” I look up at Ashton who was speechless “Sorry for going on”

“No it’s fine it’s shocking you know I would like to meet your brother and I’m sure he would love to meet my brother, my brother loves meeting new people”

“Thanks Ash” It felt good to tell someone about my little brother because I’ve never told anyone about my brother’s problem.

 - - -

After our little macca’s date, Ashton walked me up to my room like a gentlemen and I was still trying to finish off my frozen coke that I got.

“I had fun tonight; I have to admit it was one of the best dates I’ve been on” I felt Ashton holding my hand again and he said

“That’s good to hear because I would like to take you on a second date Shannon” 

“Well I would love too” we stopped outside my room and I had my hand on the door knob turning to face Ashton.

“Thank you again for a great night, maybe I was wrong about you this whole time thinking you were just another frat boy”

“Well you know what they say never judge a book by its cover”

“Right, well I better get to bed since Jenna wants me to go shopping with her” Ashton leaned in kissing me on the cheek and he looked at me

“Goodnight beautiful”

“Night” I opened my door and Ashton soon walked down the hall and for the first time I had butterflies in my stomach.

- - -

Part 2 of the date I didn't want to keep you guys waiting long but now you know about Shannon's brother Patrick and I had a different idea for Patrick but I forgot that idea and this came up. 

Basically Patrick has been bullied ever since he was 10 years old and at one point he lost it punching a kid at school and Patrick hates his life and his only 12 almost 13 so that's basically why Shannon stays closer to home because Patrick only trust his number one best friend which is his sister. Sorry for the shit explation but we probably will go deep into Patrick's problem later in the story :)