Chapter 19

When Monday morning arrived I notice the class was still recovering from the weekend, I didn’t party hard Ashton and I were staying at his frat house cuddling watching movies and maybe making out a bit. I made my way to my seat hearing some whispers while walking past, I took my seat taking my laptop out waiting for sir to arrive.

“Hey Shannon” I looked up from my laptop seeing Quinn who is one of those popular girls that you would see in high school.

“Hi Quinn”

“So word on the street is you had sex with frat boy Ashton Irwin”? I laughed at Quinn crossing my arms leaning back in my chair.

“Quinn I may have kissed Ashton but we never had sex I swear”

“Alright just saying it’s surprising seeing you with a frat boy especially Ashton”

“What’s that supposed to mean Quinn”? Quinn laughed at me and sat on the table

“Oh please since day one you’ve been this shy girl all innocent, I mean it was surprising to everyone that you knew Michael Clifford who is one of the hottest guys at this college it just doesn’t make sense and now you being with Ashton who is the hottest guy in college is well I think it’s just a one-time thing” I stood up leaning on the table and said

“You know what Quinn, I think back in high school you were the biggest queen bee had the hottest guy wrapped around your finger and now that you’re here at college you notice that people don’t care who or what you were in high school your just another student here well all I can say is welcome to the real world” Quinn was mad and she was about to say something until the teacher walked in.

“Sit down everyone; I can see some of you don’t want to be here well guess what I don’t want to either but hey that’s life”

Mr. Xavier didn’t seem happy at all today like something bad just happened in his life, the longer class went on I kept thinking what Quinn what on about like the fact that Ashton and I are just a thing and nothing more maybe she was right maybe Ashton is just waiting to get into my pants and then leaving. I guess I would have to find out and see what happens.

 - - -

I walked around campus thinking to myself and I had no idea where I was going, I was probably lost and it was three in the afternoon. What Quinn said earlier has been stuck in my head and gotten me sad, I walked past one room and noticed that blonde shaggy hair I backed up seeing Ashton painting in the art room I saw no one else was in there so I opened the door and once I did Ashton looked up pushing his glasses up smiling at me.

“There she is, just the girl I wanted to see”

“You wanted to see me”? I asked

“Yeah I’ve been thinking about you all day, I would have come find you but the teacher gave us another task to do” Ashton walked over to me wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me close, I just nodded and looked down at the ground but Ashton’s hand came under my chin lifting it up staring at him.

“Shannon, what’s up”?

“I…I... well it’s just”

“You know you can talk to me about anything”?

“Well this girl in class told me that it’s surprising that I’m with you and that we’re a one-time thing and at first it didn’t bother me but now it does and I was just wondering if”

“A one-time thing?” Ashton asked interrupted me

“Yeah” Ashton intertwined my hands with mine and said