Chapter 31

It had been a couple of days since the magazine with my article in it was publish and it’s been really popular apparently I’ve been saving people’s marriages and people breaking up. My life was great at the moment and I felt like a hero. Tonight was the company’s party to celebrate success of the company even though I haven’t been here that long Mr. Parker invited me and told me to bring Ashton since everyone in the office adores him.

“This is so unfair you and Ashton get to go to a party with champagne and talk with famous people maybe while I’m stuck here with Calum” Jenna told me, Ashton and Calum came early while I was still getting dressed but Ashton and I were both dressed now soon leaving Jenna and Calum alone having a movie night or has I liked to call it sex night like every other night I leave them alone and come home to a naked Calum and Jenna.

“Aw come on Jenna, Calum isn’t that bad” Ashton said pinching Calum’s cheek

“I know but it would be nice to come to a party that you’re going to”

“The only reason Ashton got invited was because his my boyfriend and everyone at work and I mean the older ladies adore him”

“Damn I gotta start coming in so I get invited to parties” I noticed the time and it was almost 7:30 which meant the car that Mr Parker sent will be here soon.

“Well we better get going bye guys”

“Have fun kids” Calum said.

 Ashton and I walked out the door; Ashton shut the door behind him giving me a kiss on the cheek

“You look gorgeous tonight”

“Look at you I hardly get to see you in a suite it’s basically a miracle”

“Well maybe I should wear them more often”

“Maybe you should” Ashton and I stepped outside and when we reached the car park right in front of us was a black limo. I’ve never been in a limo before this was amazing.

 - - -

The limo came to a stop and I looked outside seeing camera’s outside it was strange because I didn’t think the magazine was this big then again Mr. Parker did say he invited some celebrities. Ashton and I got out of the car making our way towards the building but we got told to pose for photos which felt strange.

“Shannon, Shannon”! I heard some strange person yell she had a mic and waved for me to come over which I was happy too.

“Uh hi”

“I just want to have a quick interview about your article because it’s going global”

“Global”? The lady nodded and said

“Yes global and does that make you feel”

“That’s amazing I never thought an article would get famous and me saving marriages and relationships that’s just amazing”

“And what made you write this”? I looked at Ashton who was standing beside me and I held his hand making him look at me

“This man here is my reason for writing the article”

“Aw how long have you been dating”?

“6 months” Ashton said with a proud smile

“Aw so cute well enjoy the rest of your night and thank you” Ashton and I walked inside, I looked at Ashton still confused as to why I felt like a celebrity

“That was strange” I told him

“I think you did great now let’s have some fun”

 - - -

I was standing with Ashton, Zoe and the rest of the ladies later that evening they were talking to Ashton about his career since next year is his last year at college. I noticed Mr. Parker walking over towards us with a man beside him who looked very cleaned up.

“Good evening ladies, Ashton”

“Hello Mr Parker” Ashton said shaking his hand, the girls said hi and Mr Parker’s attention was on me now

“Miss Montgomery I would like you to meet a friend of mine Mr. Abbott” I smiled at the man and held out my hand for him to shake but instead he kissed my hand making me blush

“It’s nice to meet you but you can call me Dylan” he soon winked at me, I notice Ashton and he seemed to tense up.

“I’m Shannon but you already know that” Dylan laughed and Mr Parker said

“Shannon, Mr. Abbott here is a publisher and he read your work and thinks you have quit the talent so he has an offer”

“Offer”?

“Yes I would you to write a novel that will be a number best seller around the world I will give you 5 months to write it if you need more time give me a call but I do think you could be our next big author”

“Thank you so much Mr. Abbott I won’t let you down”

“Nice to meet you ladies and gentlemen and great to meet you as well Shannon” before Dylan walked off with my boss he winked at me again making me blush a bit he was attractive but I liked Ashton he was my boyfriend. I turned around and the girls jumped up and down with me, I noticed Ashton not looking happy so I walked past the girls walking up to Ashton.

“Babe, you seem upset”?

“Sorry just jealous I guess” Ashton looked at down at the ground and I knew Dylan flirting with me would make him upset, I held his chin making him look at me

“Ashton don’t worry about Dylan alright who’s my number one”?

“Me” I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him into a kiss not caring if people were watching us, I pulled away telling Ashton

“And always remember that alright, I told you I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you” I gave him a kiss to make him feel better. Ashton held my hand looking up at me and said

“Let’s go dance” We both made our way towards the dance floor, Ashton wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close.

“So were you really jealous of that Dylan guy”?

“Yeah I just get jealous easily especially around you” I could feel my cheeks burning and I knew I was blushing.

“Well there’s no need to be jealous because I plan to stay with you forever”

“Damn it” Ashton said but he looked up at me laughing “Only kidding babe” he kissed me on the forehead and we kept dancing.

- - -

I love these two so much who else ships them? ahaha but keep an eye out for Mr. Dylan Abbott flirting with Shannon this isn't the last of him. mawhaha