Chapter 26

The smell of the sea air was the first thing that woke me up, I was under the blanket with Ashton’s arms wrapped around me, it was early in the morning and I could tell because the sunrise was coming up and it was so beautiful. I felt Ashton’s arm around me pulling me close and giving me a kiss on the head.

“Morning beautiful” I looked up at Ashton smiling

“I wish I could stay here all day”

“Then stay”

“I can’t Ash, I’ve got my class and you’ve got yours”

“Alright just give me a second to wake up” once Ashton woke up he went up to the wheel and took us back to shore. Last night was so beautiful and I wish I could re live it again.

 - - -

Ashton helped me off the boat and we made our way back to his car, we were driving back to the college our hands intertwined while listening to music on the radio. I knew we were both tied and wanted to sleep a bit before we had to start class today. I jumped out of the car and Ashton as the gentlemen he is took me up to my room.

“I had fun last night and I hope I did well with the date”

“It was an amazing date Ashton, thank you” I gave him a kiss opening my door saying goodbye to Ashton, once I closed the door I took my shoes off and fell back onto my bed falling asleep.

 - - -

Today was my first day at my internship and I was nervous as hell, Ashton drove me to work and he could tell I was nervous.

“Shannon”

“Yeah” I said looking at him

“Stop being nervous, I think you’re going to do fine at this internship”

“I just hope I do great and this helps me with my career” the car came to a stop and Ashton leaned over giving me a kiss

“You’re going to do fantastic and who knows maybe you’re going to write a famous article and then become famous”

“Don’t go too far Ashton, I think you will be the famous one”

“Looks like we will have to find out” I gave him a kiss on the cheek, grabbing my bag and getting out the car waving to Ashton and entering the building.

 - - -

When I walked in the building everyone was running around looking busy and I had no idea what to do, then I saw Mr. Parker and he was making his way towards me.

“Miss Montgomery it’s good to see you again” he said fixing his tie up

“It’s nice to be here Mr. Parker, so um where do I get started”

“Well follow me to your desk” he said walking past me

“I have my own desk”?

“Well of course you do, a beautiful woman like you should have her own desk” I couldn’t help but blush that he called me beautiful he was handsome and he thinks I’m beautiful so why the hell not. We came to this desk that was near his office and he said “So basically you will be my assistant getting me things and when you have breaks you can write articles that you want to and whichever one you like hand it to me and I will have a look”

“Thank you sir”

Mr Parker nodded walking into his office and I sat down at my desk loving the comfort of the chair, I was going to enjoy this job.