Maybe Everything Happened For a Reason

Stray Kids' Bang Chan was completing a mini-mission JYP gave for just him. This was odd since JYP, his boss, hated solo missions, but he assumed the reason was that the mission was simple enough for only Chan to go. But nonetheless, a skilled driver like Hyunjin just for second eyes as well as a handy getaway driver would've been nice. 

Even so, he completed the said mission without a hitch, usual for Stray Kids, but something seemed off about this whole ordeal. As if fate sent him here rather than his own boss. 

As he was exiting the building, Chan spotted someone who looked oddly familiar. Someone who made him freeze in his tracks: He saw a mother holding a toddler who looked about three or four. The two of them were seated on the pavement, the mother cradling the small child as if her life depended on it. However, in one of the hands, the mother held a gun. 

Chan quickly recognized the woman as his own mother, however, he didn't know the child. He didn't quite understand the situation but knew it couldn't be safe for her or the small being. 

"Stop!" He shouted at his mother, "That's enough!"

The woman jumped at the suddenness and looked at him, "What do you want?" She sobbed out. She seemed to attempt to hide the gun she held by concealing it behind her. 

"Mom, it's me," Chan quickly comforted, kneeling on his knee to get down to his mother's level and to inspect the child better. 

The woman looked Chan dead in the eye, checking to see if it really was her child. When she realized what he said was true, her eyes widened to saucers. "Chris? Chris, is that really you?"

"Yes Mom, it truly is," Chan affirmed softly. 

She began to sob louder, the cries becoming almost violent. "You're alive... After all this time," She mourned. Within a second, her depressed emotions snapped to a wave of melancholic anger; "Where the hell have you been?"

"You know why I left, let's leave it at that," He responds, not wanting to explain why he ran away from home. "Who is this sweet thing, though?" He gestures to the toddler.

"This is your sister, Dae. She is 3 years old."

Chan's eyes popped. "I have a younger sister? Where are my other siblings?"

"Your father killed them," She replied, tears flying down her reddened cheeks. "I fled with Dae since she is too young for his plans. But he keeps finding us, so I'm ending our lives to keep us safe in heaven."

"Mom, that's not a good idea." Chan shakes his head, his eyes holding no emotion; A habit of his since he joined the mafia.  "That's what Dad wants you to do. You can't let him win... not like this."

"Too late," She condemned, making dead eye contact with her long-lost son.

She pressed the gun against her head.

"Mom. Mom, no!" Chan warns, attempting to shove the gun away from his mother's head. 

However, before he could complete the task of saving his mother's life, she pulled the trigger and her soul left her body and floated away, no longer with the living. 

Chan was able to catch his sister before she hit the pavement since the mother's arms could no longer keep the command of cradling her. He held her, admiring his newfound sister. 

"I'll make sure you have a good childhood. Baby girl."

Chan drove to a nearby convenience store and picked up items that would assist him in his new role as a father. Items like safe foods (He remembers he loved macaroni and cheese when he was a child, so he made sure to pick a few boxes of those), hygienic products, clothes, and medicine were stockpiled in his cart.