I'm Glad You're Back

The drive home was completely silent: Jeongin forced them to do so because he needed it to be absolutely quiet if they wanted everything done efficiently.

"All her wounds are cleaned out and wrapped except her ankle. Referencing Jennie's information, it seems as if her ankle is way more complicated than a quick sanitization and wrapping."

"I still request you take a look at it," Chan informs.

"I'll do that when she wakes up."

A few minutes pass in more insoluble silence before Dae's body decides to wake. Her eyes slowly shudder open, and the hand Felix was gently gripping began to tense and wiggle.

Stray Kids could instantly tell when her eyes were able to focus.

Dae's eyes glowed at the recognition of Jeongin.

"Foxy!" Her raspy voice cheered. She threw herself onto him, clutching his shirt tightly.

"Dae," he sighed, carefully holding onto her so as to not hurt her.

The young girl took her eyes around the car, admiration flooding the small vehicle.

"You all saved me," Dae muttered softly. "Thank you."

"You will not be put into this situation again," Chan promised, ruffling her hair.

Minho reaches behind Dae and grabs a draw-string bag and gives it to Jeongin.

"Don't forget about this," He comments.

Jeongin smacks his forehead, shaking his head in disapproval.

"I got too caught up in the excitement of you waking up," Jeongin pulls open the bag, displaying the contents inside to Dae. "Please help yourself."

Dae peered inside the bag and gasped softly. "So many carbs."

"Please don't worry about that right now: We're letting you recover fully before placing you back on your training diet," Jisung announces.

Dae grabs a peanut butter and jelly Uncrustables; she ate half the sandwich in one bite.

"Oh my God, this is amazing."

She finishes the sandwich in another giant bite and quickly downs a whole bottle of water. She continues eating at a break speed pace until she is completely full.

"Okay, I think I'm good now."

"You ate half the bag Dae," Felix teased lightly, gently pushing her shoulder.

"You would do the same if you were in my position!"

"I was only joking, I'm so happy you're home darling."

When they arrive home, Jeongin picks up Dae, careful not to touch her ankle, and carries her to the infirmary.

"Do I have to wear crutches?" She whines when Jeongin pulls the two padded sticks from the closet.

"Would you rather have a wheelchair?"

Dae sighs loudly and hops over to him on one foot. She blows a raspberry at him and snatches the crutches from him.

"When I get bruises, I'm going to blame them on you."

"Come back in here tomorrow morning, I have to pick up the casting mold tonight."

Dae exits the infirmary and notices Chan's phone is ringing. She checked the contact to see it was JYP.