Seven

Some days after the bomb attack on the Auror Office, all the Aurors had some days off so the office could be rebuild. Ella was lucky that she got the license for Hyunjin before all that chaos. When Ella delivered the license to Hyunjin, the boy looked like a child that received a new toy, all happy and around with Jisung, until they Okok at Ella's neck, making her lose balance and the three falling to the ground. As they get back up, they start to laugh. After that, Ella received something on her phone from Tom. They agreed to meet up at the usual pub. Ella was going out when the guys told her to wait because they were going out too. Not to the pub, but to go and find a Crup. Ella shakes her head and waits from them to get ready. They left the building together and as Ella was going to pass to the other side of the street, she said good bye to the guys and crossed the street to enter the pub. Tom was already there waiting for her. As she sees him, she waves her hand to him and he does the same.

"Started to think you'd leave me alone," Tom says, playing with her.

"Huh, why?"

"Took you long to get here," Tom comments the time Ella took to get to the pub even when she lives really close to it.

"God, no. I got late because I gave Hyunjin a license to get a Crup and they made me wait for them." The brunette explains why she got late.

"Oh, how cute of you." Tom takes both cheeks of Ella in his large hands and starts playing with them, joking around.

"No, don't do that," Ella asks as she laughs, "Oh my God, you look like my grandma."

"Good way to call me old." Tom removes his hands from the girl's face and crosses his arms.

"I'm sure we have the same age."

"You look like you still get candy from your grandma, so I'm pretty sure you're younger." The boy plays with Ella after mentioning her grandmother betting also to be older than her.

"Leave my grandma candies, they are great," Ella tries to defend herself, "I'm twenty-two, you can't be that old." The brunette reveals her age to the wizard sitting in front of her while looking at the menu.

"I'm twenty-three, still older than you, you little baby," Tom reveals his age too and makes fun for the witch for being younger one year.

"It's literally just one year," Ella says while closing the menu and looks at the wizard.

"True, you seem really young to your age," Tom comments, as everyone else has, how the girl looks younger than she says, "What Magical Creature does that to you?" He plays with the girl because she is a lover of magical creatures.

"Is it my face or my height?"

"Your cute baby face," Tom avoids that Ella's hair cover an inch of her face and then his hands take place on her cheek, "And those beautiful brown eyes."

"You're probably the first one who doesn't say that because of my height." She comments surprised.

"I like you shorty, I don't mind," Tom admits.

Tom has second intentions with his approximation to Ella, but right now he wanted Ella to fall out of love of her ex-boyfriend. He wanted Ella to wake up and don't feel anything for him. Not love, not like, not hate, nor anger, not even sadness or disappointment, just nothing. Like her heart entered sudden oblivion, and it just forgot. It forgot to remember to care for him or to think about him, and in a blink of an eye, everything about him, every feeling she associated with him was erased, and he didn't matter anymore. Like he never really mattered. First Jeongin, then the rest of the group. He wanted to gain Ella's trust. Tom approaches the witch sitting in front of him, rising slightly from his place, their breaths felt in each other's faces. The wizard doesn't lose the delay and glue his lips to those of the beautiful girl in front of him. It was an intense kiss and it was a strange sensation that Tom now felt, Ella was confused by the mixture of sensations she felt throughout her body, but she let herself go. The young man leaves Ella and falls back on his bench. They both smiled and continued their conversation. They were ordering some drinks over the night until Ella decided it was time to go home.

Tom paid and then left the witch at home, as soon as they arrived they were silent looking at each other. Ella smiled shyly, and Tom laughed. The wizard takes his hand to the witch's face, making her look up, he gives her a gentle kiss on her lips, and walks away, "Good Night, Ella." This is how the wizard says goodbye to Ella, the girl opens her door, and sees Jisung and Hyunjin in the floor with some struggle. She closes the door behind her and gets closer to her friends, the more she gets closer she sees a Crup. A dog, with no tail, white with some orange spots, it was still a baby. Ella wished her friends good luck and went to her room. The brunette sat on the bed looking at the large mirror that she has hanging on the wall in front of the bed, thinking of everything: Jeongin, Tom, the attack in the Aurors. She looks to the mirror frame, she still has pictures of her with the Jeongin glued. The witch gets up and starts to remove everything that would remind her of Jeongin, then putting everything away in a box. In the end, she starts looking at her own figure and how tired she was, she wanted to change something, but she didn't know what. After a while, something comes to her mind.

She went to sleep, and the next day she woke up earlier than usual, dressed something more formal than usual for work and left the house. The witch made a stop at a place before work, which unfortunately ended up slowing her down, but she didn't care. She left the establishment quickly and fetched coffee to take. Arriving at Ministry, everyone there was staring at Ella in shock. Ella looks confused and shrugs, starting to walk toward the elevator until she hears a voice behind her.

"E-Ella, you look different..." Jeongin comments and Ella doesn't answer, "In a good way."

"Thank you, I guess." Ella gives a forced smile and presses the elevator button again.

"Never thought I would see you with another color than brown." Ella dyed her hair orange, she also got it a little shorter. She doesn't reply to Jeongin and keeps quiet, "Are we really going to keep like this?"

"Yes," The now redhead replies, "It does hurt to know how you lost interest in me, kind of like someone punching me in the face. And it also does pain me to walk pass you, pretending we never met and never stayed up all night talking, which feels like a knife through my chest every time. But what truly hurt most, so bad that I can't find the words to explain it, is that you left without a single word, and I keep waiting for a sign or something from you, but I should accept that sometimes, no message is also a message." Ella again goes weak about the wizard in front of her, returns to let her feelings come to the top when she was ready to bury them.

Jeongin looks to the girl and sighs, he knew how she was hurt by the end of their relationship and how seeing him with someone else was killing her, but she couldn't stop living for that. Despite everything Ella thinks, Jeongin still cares about her and hopes that one day she will realize it again. Jeongin thinks about something to answer but is interrupted by the noise of the elevator arriving. Ella enters and clicks button 9, the doors close and the boy stands still looking at the elevator.