Seventeen

"What did he said?" Felix asks the boy who lived.

"If I'm not wrong they are a really old family known for being unstable and violent that flourished through the generations due to their habit of marrying their own cousins," Harry explains to the group, "How the bloody hell you don't know this? They are literally your family." The boy shakes his head looking to Draco.

"That Tom it's not related to me, the only Tom we all know is Voldemort," Draco tries to show that there is no family relationship between him and Tom.

They all looked confused at each other, something wasn't right. There's only one Gaunt family and Tom is clearly part of it, but then how no one ever heard of him? Draco decided to go grab some files. Files of Malfoy Family and Gaunt Family. After hours of search, Draco found out Merope Riddle, Lord Voldemort's mother, who died when he was born and his father, Tom Riddle Snr, who abandoned his family when the love potion's influence was lifted. Voldemort didn't have Gaunt, he was Tom Marvolo Riddle, but he was the only Tom registered which was driving the group crazy.

"This is stupid. I'm sure he doesn't have anything to do with Dark Lord, he only had a child with Bellatrix, my cousin Delphini. She doesn't have brothers, it's an only child," Draco explains once more, trying to put some sense on their minds.

"Then... He's innocent?" Felix asks, feeling bad about what he had done to him and Ella.

"Not yet." Chan refuses to have this conclusion, "Check the files on his parents."

Hermione goes check the files on the citizen named Tom Gaunt Hughes, "His mother is Karen Hughes, a pureblood, Slytherin, fifty years old, lives in Belfast, Ireland. The dad is unknown..."

"I'm going there to interrogate her," Malfoy quickly offers himself.

"Have you gone mad? No. You can't," Alese disapproves completely the Malfoy's offer.

"Will you let him go if I go along?" Harry steps in to help Malfoy with his wife.

"Who he goes with is not even the point here. This is dangerous, you know it, he knows it. I almost lost him once, I was sure I was going to lose him and now he wants to go and put his life at risk again. How does this situation leaves me?" Alese won't back down on this matter, making it impossible for Malfoy to go to Ireland.

"I'll go with you, Potter," Felix offers himself to replace Malfoy.

"That's it then," Harry puts an end to that subject, "Me and Felix are leaving tomorrow to Belfast to track Tom's mum and interrogate her."

Malfoy rolls his eyes, feeling bad about himself and about the fragility that Alese would treat him. The aurors start to organize the documents that Yejun sent to put them into an arquive, in case of need. That was a secret investigation that no one knew about, besides the people in the group.

"This will remain a secret investigation until we have clear evidence, no one can comment about this with anyone else, are we clear?" Malfoy remembers every one of that one and only rule, and everyone nods, agreeing with keeping all of that a secret.

Finally, Tom and Ella went inside of what if looked like an old tavern, full of dark people. The place was a bit creepy and the people didn't seem to be good friends. As Tom and Ella enter, everyone there goes quiet, as they watch the couple enter and go to the balcony. Ella looked around, looking confused on why they shut up everyone.

"Lor- I mean, Tom..." The old barman greets Tom, "The same as always, I suppose?"

Tom just nods and looks to Ella, asking if she would like to drink something, "M-Mhm..." The redhead replies, completely oblivious of the question she had just answered.

"She'll have a water, and that's all, Mortimer," Tom pronounces the order of Ella, taking her hand and guiding her to a small group in the corner of the room.

As they approach, Merula Snyde looks back and recognizes the familiar face that she didn't saw for a long time now, "Well, who's alive, always appears."

"Hi, Merula," Tom quickly replies, "Barnaby, Ismelda, I assume you're all okay."

"And there's a face I don't see for a very long time," Snyde comments, standing up and getting closer to Ella, "How you doing?"

"I-I'm fine..." Ella looks confused, as she wasn't remembering who Merula was, "Sorry, but do we know each other?"

"Well, don't you remember Merula Snyde? The greatest Slytherin of all time and the best student in potions, the favorite of Snape?"

"I don't, and Alese was Snape's favorite," Ella corrects Merula, who rolls her eyes and sits back down, and Tom pushes two chairs for him and Ella.

"Alese, never liked that girl, always interrupting my moments with potions that she wasn't supposed to brew," Merula complains about her past in Hogwarts, "But anyway, aren't you the one who killed Pansy?"

"I did what?" Ella gets confused about Merula's statement.

"Come on, the walls have eyes and ears, and the news runs fast here," Merula insists on that matter, but as she feels the pressure from Tom, the girl tries to think of something to change the subject.

"Draco said he was the one who killed Pansy..." Ella starts to get confused about everything.

"He was, Merula is just joking with you, right Merula?" Tom makes the question, almost obligating the brunette to change the subject.

"Yeah, it was Malfoy... I saw it..." Merula changes the subject, fearing what he could do if she didn't.

"Don't lie!" Ella raises her voice, "You weren't even there, neither Draco was there... He left while I argued with Pansy... but then I don't remember anything, I just woke up in my bed the next morning..."

"It was Malfoy trying to protect you," Tom says, ending that conversation there.

"Anyway, are you joining us?" Merula asks all excited.

"Join what, exactly?" Ella asks, looking at Merula and then to Tom.

"Join us, more times, here," Tom clarifies the doubt of Ella.

"I guess..." Ella agrees, with some hesitation in her voice.

Mortimer, the barman, took the drinks to Tom and Ella. Tom's drink was something glowy with a soft green color, like fresh grass that was recently trimmed. Ella picked up her water and drank a sip of it, listening to Snyde's conversation with Barnaby and Ismelda. They were talking about some Jacob and some mysterious Cursed Vaults in Hogwarts. Ella never heard anything about such a story, so she got intrigued, but Tom decided it was time for them to go back. They said goodbye to Merula and the others and went back to Ella's house. The way back home was calm and quiet. It was almost night and unlike any other night in London, the streets were quiet and everyone was at home, in the comfort of their house. Ella and Tom got home, and they sat in the sofa, lazy and yawning. Tom looked at Ella, and Ella looked back. They stayed there looking at each other for five seconds and smiled at each other in the end, ending the moment with a soft and sweet kiss. Tom felt hungry but he was too lazy to cook anything. Since Tom was living there, Ella hasn't cooked in a long time, and she didn't feel like it now too.

"You hungry?" Tom asked.

"Mhm," Ella confirms, laying her head on Tom's chest, hearing his heartbeat racing.

"Let's order some pizzas!"