Ten

The original group was now complete. Jeongin felt like he was supposed to feel sad, but he didn't. Evelyn served as an escape of his reality, and after seeing Ella again, he realized that he never forgot her. It was too late now, the regret corrupts his soul and his heart tightens from thinking of Tom kissing her, touching her, holding hands with her and declare their love in some simple but strong words. He felt like he was at the bring in insanity just by thinking about it, but despite all of that, this was good for him to fall into reality again and stop lying to himself. Maybe acting as a friend with Ella would make him slowly forget the affection the once felt for each other, but that wouldn't be possible, at least for now, since Ella hated him. He sighs, thinking of a way to redeem himself, but nothing comes to mind. His mind's like a blank paper that is being written on with a colorless feather. But in a window near them, a crack is written on the glass and the same blasts, making cutting pieces fly through space. The sudden surprise of the people inside made the sound hit a high-level pitch. A heavy and dense mist takes over the place and blinds the people inside, and big explosions could be heard outside like it was raining meteorites. The despair takes care of people, who shout for their life. Some screams are shut down with a moan and the last breath. The group gets under their table, trying to understand what's happening. As the mist starts to wear down, Chan saw a figure of a male wizard putting his wand against the forehead of a people that has fallen on their knees and after a trade of words, the head gets crushed like it was an egg.

"We have to get out of here fast, ready your wands," Draco whispers to the group, drawing his own wand and being on the lookout.

They slowly get back up and they look out for any suspicious person. The group stays together so they aren't caught off guard. All of a sudden, a string of light travels across the room, hitting Malfoy who put himself between the lighting and the body of his beloved wife. The groan of pain shows the intensity of the spell that gets the blonde wizard on his knees that lost their strength. Alese quickly grabs Malfoy and tries to know if he's okay, and the rest of them protect the couple, putting themselves in front of them. Some shadows start to join each other, walking side by side, in a slowly endless pace, towards the group of wizards and witches. The faces of the attackers are hidden by a dark mist that is blown off of the hoodie that they wear. Every wand is drawn from both sides.

"How is he, Alese?" Felix asks, not turning his look from the hostiles.

"We need to get him out of here," Alese informs, almost as if she was begging.

The mysterious attackers get ready to attack and the group stays on the defensive. They stare at each other, waiting for a reaction, a flick of the wand, magic shots to be shot, but nothing. The cloaked wizards back down to the now dark mist and all of a sudden, they disappear. When Chan confirms that the coast is clear, they take Alese and Draco out of there. Felix and Ella accompanied Alese and Draco that was transported by an ambulance to the hospital, as Chan and Jeongin stay there, waiting for the authorities to begin the investigation. As the ambulance stops at the front door, Malfoy, who was unconscious, got immediately taken into a room to receive oxygen that the blood of the wounded wizard was needing. The skin turned pale and cold as ice, he was in a severe state, life threatening. The paramedics ran as fast as they could. Malfoy was now fighting with time. Alese collapses in an uncontrollable sobbing, rejecting the idea of losing her husband. Ella hugs her, in an attempt to try and comfort the desolated woman.

"Hey, Draco's going to be okay, you will see." Ella tries to stay positive about the outcome.

"Nothing has been as bad as this. I want to believe he'll be okay, but I don't think I can do that anymore." Alese still feels the cold and dead hand of Malfoy, when she held it.

"He's a tough guy..." Ella remembers the depressive friend.

"Every tough person has its weaknesses. In the battle at Hogwarts, I was scared for him, but I knew in my heart I'd find him alive. Now, I'm terrified I'll be losing him for good." Alese starts to get paranoid as she remembers one of her past traumas from Hogwarts.

"You won't lose him, I promise you," Ella says with authority, almost as she could predict it.

"Please. Don't make empty promises. You can't keep this one." Alese rejects false expectations.

"You're right, I'm sorry. But I can promise you I'll do what I can to help the others finding who did this." Ella makes a statement.

"Thank you." Alese shows a weak smile and hugs Ella tight, crying rivers in the shoulder of the redhead girl.

The time passed like it was carrying the weight of the universe. Those were the worst hours for Alese, it felt like forever. Many doctors and nurses would pass through the two women and Alese would almost beg for any information, but no one could say anything at that moment. Malfoy was fighting bravely, but his lungs just weren't functioning well. The impact in his chest made the lungs bleed out and that interfered with the oxygen and as the oxygen couldn't make its way through the blood circulation, the body was dying. After four long hours, the doctors stabilized him. One of the doctors finally came up to Alese and allowed her to see her husband. Malfoy was still asleep, the doctors couldn't afford to let him be awake because he could kill himself with the panic and suffocating in his own blood.

"He's stable, for now. It will take some time until we can operate him and drain the blood inside the lungs." The doctor sincerely informs Alese.

"How much time will it take?" Alese closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and prepares herself for the worst.

"It depends on him." The doctor confesses. "I'll leave you alone for some time, and then he has to rest."

Ella and Alese stay in front of where Malfoy was laying down, lifeless, fragile, unpredictable. Alese got closer and layed by his side, hiding her face on the curve of his neck. Ella quietly got out of there. Alese explored every known detail of Malfoy's face with her finger. The gentle and warm touch of the blonde girl almost gave life to his face. She then slid her finger through his neck and slowly into his chest that was wrapped with bandages. The different touch of the bandages made Alese take a deep breathe to hold her sobs. That could be the last time she'd see him, be with him, feel him. She took that moment into her heart, mind, and soul. It was time to go and let him fight this battle that no one could fight but him. Alese kissed his cheek, looked one last time to his face, and leaves with the hopes of kissing him again in the nearest future.