Fifteen

Tom knew that Chan was an Auror and noticed that he could be onto something. He remained calm and an innocent attitude, "What are you talking about, Chan?"

"Don't you think I've noticed already? How everything happened after you showed up and how you are targetting Malfoy and Felix for what happened seven years ago?" Chan exposes his clues.

"Are you trying to say I'm guilty of the attack at the pub?" Tom asks for a confirmation, with a disappointed look.

"The attack at the pub, at the Auror Office and the assault at this house," Chan tells the other crimes he blames Tom for.

"Why would I assault the house of a girl I met in one night and didn't even know if I'd talk to her ever again? And attack the Auror Office? I'd have to be really good to do that. And I was here when the attack happened, looking for Ella until I heard the explosions and people screaming." Tom defends himself while continuing on doing the food.

Jeongin gets enough of that and draws his wand, going forward and pointing the wand at Tom's head, "Stop playing the innocent and confess your crimes already, you filthy Death Eater!"

Tom got triggered in that moment. As he was ready to draw his wand from his pocket and fight back, the kitchen door opens, with Ella coming in and facing that situation of Jeongin threatening Tom, who was only doing some food.

"Drop your wand, Jeongin. Now." Ella demands on a ferocious tone, with her wand on her hand.

"O-Oh, don't worry Ella, Jeongin was only playing with Tom, asking him for his recipe of those mini burgers, right Jeongin?" Chan looks to his friend, signaling him to drop it and go along with the play.

"Yeah, we were just playing, don't worry my love." Tom instead plays along and goes for Ella, hugging her by the waist and lifting her in the hair, kissing her soft kisses, messing with Jeongin's feelings for the redhead girl.

"I'm not stupid, who is going to start talking? I've got the whole day." Ella rejects the distracting kiss of Tom and crossed her arms on her chest.

"What's going on?" Felix arrives at the kitchen, noticing the tension in the air and looking to both Chan and Jeongin, almost guessing what they were up to, "Guys... Come on."

"He needs to be judged for his crimes, Felix!" Jeongin shouts, not caring about anything anymore, "Your little boyfriend here is the cause of all the trouble! Since he arrived, your house was assaulted, the Ministry was attacked and the pub as well, with all of us there. He's a Death Eater, looking to kill Malfoy and Felix because of what happened seven years ago!"

"What proof do you have?" Ella asks Jeongin, controlling herself to not make a drama in her house.

"H-He stole the photo so he could pick his targets! And that is why he attacked the Auror Office and the pub!" Jeongin exposes what Chan told him, but uncertain and intimidated by Ella.

"And do you have any proof that he stole the picture? By your logic, I can say Evelyn was the one doing all that, the things started happening when she appeared too... And If I remember she was the one who didn't like us." Ella defends Tom, using the same logic of Jeongin to blame Evelyn.

"S-She would never do that... And she doesn't know where you live!" Jeongin tries to defend his pride and Evelyn, who has nothing to do with the subject.

"Defending baby girl after she made you choose between us and her? You're stupider than I thought." Ella rolls her eyes judging the stupidity of Jeongin, "She knew more than you thought, yet I didn't call her Death Eater, did I? She accused me of everything and I never said a thing. Now, if you don't have proofs of what you're saying and are just mad because I'm in a relationship and you lost yours, I'll have to invite you to leave my house." Ella ends the conversation, ordering that Jeongin leaves her home.

"Come on Ella, we're supposed to have fun all together." Chan tries to fix things.

"Don't even try, Chan." Ella stops Chan on his attempt to make Ella let this subject go.

An awkward silence kicks in, as only the footsteps of Jeongin walking out of there are heard, the others in the living room were to distract with Tsundere and inside the case of Jisung, who was showing his creatures. Jeongin walked out of the house and Ella shut the door. Felix went back to the living room. Chan was going to go back too, but Tom stopped him in his tracks.

"If you ever try something against me again, you will not live to tell this story." Tom whispers in Chan's face, "Now, be a good guy and go have fun with the others."

Chan tries to think of something to reply, but Tom was intimidating him, almost as if he could play inside the head of Chan. The defeated man goes back to the living room and can't stop thinking about what just happened, not enjoying the time and having fun with the others.

Some days after that, it was finally time for Malfoy to get out of the hospital and get back to his routines. The morning after, Malfoy got to the Auror Office, getting a big reception for the other Aurors. The blonde guy smiles, sitting on the desk and getting ready for any work.

"What have I missed?"

"Apart from Jeongin exposing all of the proof I had on Tom to Ella... Nothing, I guess." Chan tells Malfoy, sighing with the weight of failure on his chest.

"I said it was going to be a bad idea if she found out," Felix complains with Chan.

"Yeah, but I'm not wrong, or he wouldn't threaten me." Chan justifies his investigation with the threat of Tom.

"So he is into something..." Malfoy thinks out loud, "We need someone to follow him if he gets out of Ella's home alone. Meanwhile, someone has to go to Borgin & Burkes and try to find anything that will lead to their new location."

"Felix and I went there some weeks ago, we didn't found nothing. That place is abandoned for years now." Chan points out and reveals his research with Felix there.

"Hm..." Malfoy tries to think of something, "Send a letter to Yejun, asking for the register of Tom."

"But we don't know his last name." Felix points out the flaw on that plan.

"We'll have to go over all the Toms of back in our time," Malfoy reveals the work they'll have in the next days.

Chan starts writing the letter, while Felix goes out to start his vigilance. Malfoy is expecting some big work, so he starts contacting some people to help with the investigation, such as Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. After that day of work, he went back home with Alese, telling her everything and asking her to distract Ella from going there in the next few days.

"I can't promise you I'll succeed in keep her away, but I'll try. She's pissed though if this doesn't come with the answer you all are expecting to get, Ella's going to lose it for good.  When the girl finally moves on, gets a handsome boyfriend, everyone's trying to ruin it for her. No wonder she's pissed. I'd be too." Alese explains Ella's point of view, agreeing with her.

"Would you treat someone who tried to expose you, if you didn't have anything to be exposed?" Malfoy tries to know what Alese would do in Tom's shoes.

"I threatened to kill you every day when we were in Hogwarts." Alese proves that she isn't a good example for Malfoy to use.

"Touché." The blonde man agrees, "But he's hiding something... I can feel it."