Twenty-Three

Three hours passed, and Ella wakes up more calm, after recovering a bit of her energy and sanity. She tries to sit, but her weak arms can't do the job, so Malfoy and Chan get up from the couch there and help her. The woman sits down and looks around to her friends, still confused about everything.

"Well, I already slept. Can someone tell me what happened now...?" Ella asks for the answers that were promised to her.

They look at each other, trying to find the right words to tell Ella, but Chan sits right by Ella's side and puts his hand on top of the redhead's.

"Ella... There was a battle between Aurors and the Death Eaters, and Tom was on their side... Matter fact, he was their leader, and we won. They were sent to the prison of Azkaban. When we found you, you were in a deep sleep, a bewitched sleep." Chan resumes what happened.

"God... I feel so dumb." Ella starts to sob and tries to clean her tears, "I'm so sorry for putting you all in danger."

"It's not your fault, you have a good heart and you were happy, we understand why you opposed yourself to us." Chan tries to calm her down with some gentle words.

"I should have believed you before." Ella blames herself for all that battle and all of the pain that it caused to the Aurors.

Chan hugs her, letting her cry in his shoulder. The poor girl feels the guilty tightening her heart. Alese gets closer and hugs the woman, showing her support. They eventually start telling Ella what has been happening this last few days, despite not losing much. It was late, and since Ella was awake and fine, the group started to think about leaving because the next day they were going to work. They say goodbye to Ella, who fakes a smile, to not worry her friends. As they leave, she feels the loneliness in the room. Only a weak light was keeping Ella from going insane in the dark room. She tries to close her eyes, but her senses are sharper than normal, maybe due to a long time of sleep. She hears some particular and familiar footsteps getting closer. She fakes that she was sleeping, thinking it was some doctor that was going to check on her. The door opens and the person enters, slowly closing the door. The soft and sneaky footsteps get closer to Ella, which makes her heart race and her eyes want to open.

"Ella?" The sound of the whisper comes from a soft and gentle voice. It was Jeongin, "You're awake?"

"No..." Ella replies, feeling stupid the second after for answering.

"Oh, guess I'll be going back then..." Jeongin thinks that the girl was trying to sleep and he bothered her.

"No. Don't go, please. I was joking..." Ella quickly stops the boy, sitting on her bed.

The desire of the woman intimidates Jeongin. He can still remember the look of hatred in her eyes and the meanest things she said to him still echo in his mind. He turns back to her, "So... How do you feel?"

"Like I won't sleep for the whole month." Ella refers to her long time of sleep, "What about you? Alese told me your state, you should be in bed."

"I heard about your awakening, so I had to come and see for myself..." Jeongin explains, "I-I got really scared when I saw you suspended and without breathing..."

"Jeongin, I'm sorry." Ella apologizes while looking down to her hands and playing with them nervously.

"Huh? For what?" Jeongin gets surprised by the sudden apologize of the redhead woman.