Nineteen

In less than five hours, Felix and Potter were back in London with Miss Hughes. They wanted to introduce the old lady to the rest of the Aurors and take any appointments of what Karen could say more about Tom. As soon as they landed, they didn't take much and used Apparition to get to the door of the Ministry of Magic in no time. They walk in and go right in the direction of the Auror Office. The old face was unknown to all of the Aurors, but they all could tell who she was. Chan, Malfoy, and Hermione looked to Harry and Felix, who nodded in confirmation of who that person was. Not long after that, the Aurors took the old lady to Ella's house, in hope to get a reaction from Tom, seeing his mother. They walked through the streets of London until they got to the building where Ella and Tom were living. They ringed the bell and Tom came to the window, seeing all the Aurors and his mother. He didn't want to open the door, but Ella went ahead and opened. The Aurors and Karen went up to the stairs and entered the house with Karen. As Karen faced her grown-up son, she was amazed by how her little boy grew up to turn into that man she sees in front of her. Tom was trying to contain his rage, the Aurors took a step that he didn't predict, and that made him angry. The old woman started to get near Tom, stretching her hand to the cheek of her son.

"My dear son, look at you... You got so handsome."

"And you've gotten old," Tom answers roughly.

"Well, years have passed, hard to beat aging... I assume that's your girlfriend? She's beautiful." Karen comments, looking at Ella smiling, who smiles back.

"And since when do you care about me?" Tom puts himself between Karen and Ella.

"I always cared about you. You're my son, how could I not care?" Karen looks hurt with what Tom said.

"It all started when my father asked you to not give me the name I have now, and you didn't listen." Tom points out the reason that Tom Riddle disappeared.

"Honey, are you really mad at me because of your name? Your father was such a great wizard despite all he did, it's an honor for you to have his name." Karen tries to see a bright side.

"It would be an honor if you supported him since the first day, just as I did," Tom says, drawing his wand and with a spell, repelling his mother back, making every Auror draw their wands to defend the old lady.

The tension kicked in like a battle could start right there at any moment. Tom was watching all the movements of the Aurors, while Karen tried to stand up. Ella puts herself in front of Tom, not knowing where that attitude came from. That didn't look anything like he'd do.

"Woah, first this is my house, if you wanna fight please go outside. I'm joking, don't." Ella tries to lighten the mood, "Tom, why you did that to your mum?"

"Because he's the son of Voldemort and he condemns his mother for not supporting him," Chan reveals the truth.

"Is that true?" Ella is not joking anymore, her heart tightens thinking of the possibility.

"Enough!" Tom bursts, puts a hand on the shoulder of Ella who tries to get away and makes them disappear out of there.

Tom used Apparition and teleported him and Ella to the old tavern they visited. The customers who were there, as soon as they saw the Apparition, they knew it was time to act. As Ella touches with her feet on the ground, she tries to draw her wand, but Tom quickly disarms the girl with Expelliarmus, making the wand fly away. Ella stood in front of him, looking to the man she though she knew, but it was all an illusion. The girl breaks in tears, and Tom hugs her. Ella didn't know if she should push him away or just cry in the comfort and heat of his arms.

"I'm sorry... I didn't want things to be like this..." Tom holds his tears in, showing that he really had the emotions he showed for Ella all this time.

"Why? Did you lied to me all this time?" Ella asks desperately for an answer that would tell her the opposite, for her feelings and for her happiness.

"You would never accept me as I am... But I never lied about my feelings for you and I truly love you..." Tom breaks down in tears, knowing the relationship was ending.

"How can I trust you now? You lied to me, you made push my friends away when they were right about you all this time." Ella wants to believe Tom, but her mind won't let her, "Be honest with me, are you behind the attacks?"

"I am... I tried to tell them to not hurt you because I wouldn't bear with your blood on my hands..." Tom doesn't hide the truth, ready to lose everything.

"Oh, okay. Now that makes me feel much better..." Ella pushes the body of Tom away, who tries to resists, despite knowing he has no right, "Are you stupid? If you care about me why are you trying to kill my friends?"

"I'll avenge my father's death," Tom reveals his intentions.

"Your father murdered a lot of people. How do you think I would stay? Happy? Because you killed my friends to be a murder like your father?" Ella takes the right hand of Tom, "Tom, please... You've time to stop, so please do it..."

"I..." Tom feels weak, the whole eyes around him pressured him to stay loyal to Lord Voldemort and the Death Eaters, even though all he wanted was to take Ella and run away as far as possible, but now it was too late, and if they ran away, the Death Eaters would hunt them down, "It's too late, Ella..."

"I don't want to be part of this." Ella makes a serious tone, trying to impose herself, despite the numeral disadvantage.

"Then you leave me no choice..." Tom bites his lower lip, points his wand to Ella, and says launches a spell at her, making her dive into a deep sleep, almost as if she was suspended in time.

Tom gets closer to the sleepy body of the redhead witch, giving a kiss on her forehead and caressing her cheek. After that, he takes a deep breath and looks around, seeing all of the Death Eaters looking to him. Tom dries his tears and goes to the front door, making everyone follow him. Before going out, Tom looks to a portrait of his dad that was hanged up on a wall near Ella. He looks to both of them, looking for any kind of motivation. The new leader turns to the door and unlocks it. The night was coming and with it, the darkness. The heavy clouds invaded the sky, announcing heavy rain for that long night. Tom takes one good look into the darker sky, embracing it as if it would give him power. He draws the wand and points up, making every follower do the same.

"Death Eaters, it's time."