Eight

Looking to a blank paper, drawing his most deep thoughts, oblivious of reality and time around him. That was the state of Jeongin, sitting on his desk all by himself. It felt like the clock stopped ticking, the people stopped breathing, the world stopped to go around. The silence around him made possible to almost hear his blood running through his veins.

"Jeongin, do you have anything on the bomb attack?"

Waking up from his thoughts, Jeongin raises his head to follow the sound of the voice of Chan, "Huh? Oh, not yet..."

Chan could feel the melancholy coming from the thoughtful man sitting down. The Auror said nothing more but tell Jeongin to step it up. Jeongin sighed as if he was tired of living. In his mind, runs the thoughts and memories of the last discussion with Evelyn, who was not happy for him to get embarrassed by Ella that time in the pub. Evelyn was impactful with her words, throwing vocal punches to Jeongin's pride. Looking at Ella so different and hearing about her traumas about his own person made him question his life choices. He remembers the times back to Hogwarts when he met Ella and their first kiss. The sensation of the sweet lips of the young witch could still be felt in the sensitive lips of the wizard, who touches them with his fingers. The loudness of the office finally brings him back to reality. He looks to the clock and it already passed half an hour and he still didn't have anything done about his work. The day went by, and without warning, the night came. The intense job of the Aurors still had many unknown answers. Who did it? Did it really have a connection to the assault to Ella's house? What was their objective? The hard work was about to get harder, as no one found any shreds of evidence in both the house and the Auror Office.

Malfoy, Chan and Felix were in for extra hours. Jeongin couldn't do it, Evelyn was waiting for him at the pub. Jeongin sighs his fatigue out and stands up, getting his things ready to leave. Walking through the streets the fresh air of chilly night touches the pale skin of the wizard, who hides half his face inside the jacket. Arriving at the pub, he looks around and finds the brunette sitting by herself at the corner of the establishment. He goes to meet her, gives a soft kiss on her lips and then her forehead, and sits in front of her.

"How was work? Too tiring?" The woman asks, intrigued about new mysteries.

"Not much, we're trying to investigate the attack at the Auror Office and the assault at Ella's house, who turned into a redhead," Jeongin commented the new look of Ella.

Evelyn was beginning to dislike the conversation, "A redhead?" She asks her boyfriend to confirm she heard what her boyfriend said at the end.

"Yeah, looks good on her, actually," Jeongin confirms what he said.

Evelyn rolls her eyes and then looks to Jeongin, "Is that your way to hint me I should do it too? Why are we even talking about Ella when we could talk about us instead?" The brunette tries to change the subject.

"I-I was just commenting..." The boy tries to explain himself that he had no other intentions behind it,  "And no, you look great like you are."

"Your friends don't seem to like me much, maybe we shouldn't hang out with them anymore." Jeongin looks confused to his girlfriend.

"Y-You just haven't been able to meet them better..." He says, noting a fact. The first and only time she was with her friends was the meeting and never again.

"You know they'll never accept me, especially cause your ex-girlfriend is friends with them. Sounds quite impossible to me for them to accept us as a couple." Evelyn tries to explain her side to her boyfriend, hoping he would understand that she will never be welcome in their group because of Ella.