Arc Reactor

Okay so this request came from @MinAgust20 to make it so Peter has an arc reactor and it just stops working during the field trip. Enjoy :)

WARNING: Brief infinity war spoilers in case some of y'all haven't seen it

Background: After the Avengers brought back everyone who turned to dust, everyone was unaffected except Peter who went into heart failure and the only way Tony could save him was by giving him an arc reactor (sorry if the reasoning sucks I didn't really know how else to explain him having an arc reactor)

Peter was not having a good day. When he arrived to school his teacher informed his class that they were going on a field trip to, get this, stark tower. Unbelievable, he was going to a place that is like a second home to him. Also, to top it all off, his chest had been hurting since this morning and he was planning to talk to Mr.Stark about it after school.

After having the reactor put in, Peter only wore sweatshirts so no one would notice the glow. The only person who knew about it, aside from the avengers and aunt may, was Ned. Peter thought Ned would think he was a freak or something, but luckily to his surprise Ned thought it was the coolest thing ever.

So now Peter is on the bus with Ned, and the rest of his class, on their way to Stark Tower. Peter's chest would randomly hurt and every time he'd wince.

Ned shot him a worried look, "Peter are you alright? You keep looking like you're in pain?"

Peter gave him a weak smile and unconsciously put his hand over his reactor, "Y-yeah i'm fine."

"Peter cut the crap I know you and you're definitely not fine." Ned said sternly.

"Okay fine. I think my reactor is on the fritz or something. I keep having this sharp pain in my chest." Peter finally admitted.

Ned grew even more worried, "Peter you need to tell Mr.Stark immediately! This isn't something you should take lightly."

"I will Ned after the tour. I can't go up to Mr.Stark during our tour and tell him about it in front of our whole class." Peter replied.

Ned hesitated, "Okay Peter, but promise me if it gets any worse you tell him immediately."

"I promise."

---- A time skip? Who would of thought-----

They pulled up to the tower and quickly got off the bus. They made their way into the building and met up with their tour guide, "Good morning everyone i'm Miss Jackson (Panic! anyone?) and welcome to Stark Towers! When I call your name please come up and take a badge."

Of course she called everyone's name except Peters and Flash noticed, "Excuse me Miss Jackson? Pen-Peter Parker didn't get a badge."

"Yes that's because he doesn't need one FRIDAY recognizes him." Miss Jackson stated.

Flash glared at Peter who simply ignored it because the pain in his chest was getting worse. Peter, being the stubborn person he is, didn't tell Ned and just continued on with the tour.

They toured some lower level labs and everyone was in awe, even Ned. Peter chuckled, "Wait until you see the higher level labs."

Ned let out a squeal.

Miss Jackson was rambling about the past of Stark Towers but Peter wasn't really listening until he noticed Miss Jackson bump into something that crashed to the floor. Miss Jackson looked like she was going to cry, "Oh no I could get fired for this."

Just then another intern came over and started cleaning up the mess, "Relax no one know it's you Miss Jackson." (You see what I did there) And with that they carried on with their tour.

Peter was starting to sweat. The pain in his chest was getting worse and worse and he started to feel dizzy. Ned was sending him worried glances, but Peter was to out of it to notice. He didn't even hear when Miss Jackson said they were going up to meet Tony Stark in his lab.

Ned practically dragged Peter with him and they made their way up to Tony. When they got there Tony was tinkering with his suit until he noticed the audience. He glanced up, "Hey tour group! What school are you guys from?"

The class immediately answered. "Midtown!"

Tony smirked, "Midtown huh" he began scanning the crowd for Peter and found him, "Hey Peter didn't know you'd be here today."

The whole class turned to Peter and started mumbling to each other about how the internship must be real. Peter however was in so much pain he didn't even know Tony was in the room, let alone talking to him.

When Tony got no response from Peter he frowned, "Kid i'm talking to you. Are you alright?"

Peter let out a groan and collapsed to the ground unconscious. Tony ran over, "Kid wake up talk to me. What's wrong?!"

Ned spoke up, "He complained of chest pain earlier and I told him to tell you if it got worse but I should of known he wouldn't."

After hearing this Tony grew frantic and took off Peter's sweatshirt knowing something must be wrong with the reactor. Unfortunately, he was correct. The reactor was shut off and not glowing. His entire class gasped at the sight of Peter's reactor and were wondering what happened.

Luckily for Peter, Tony was already working on another reactor for himself since he was always trying to improve it, "Ted go into the first draw on the left of my desk, there should be a reactor in it."

While Ned was grabbing the new reactor Tony took out Peter's. When Ned came back with the new one he placed it into Peter's chest. It glowed but Peter still did not wake up.

"Come on kid wake up!" Tony desperately shouted.

Still Peter did not move so Tony took to a more drastic turn and slapped Peter in the face. Peter jolted awake breathing heavily and put a hand to his cheek, "U-u-h Mr.Stark did you just hit me?"

"Kid you almost gave me a heart attack. I thought you were dying! You wouldn't wake up so I may or may not of slapped you awake." he chuckled relieved Peter was awake.

"I hate to break it to you Mr.Stark but I could not have given you a heart attack considering you and I don't have one." Peter said jokingly.

"Smart as-" Tony was cut short by Ned coughing and gesturing to the class that Tony and Peter forgot about.

Peter eyes widened, "Oh uh hey guys."

Flash was the first to speak, "WHY THE HELL DOES PENIS PARKER HAVE AN ARC REACTOR!!??"

Tony became livid, "What the hell did you just call my kid?!"

Flash froze, "I-I-I c-called him Peter?"

"No you didn't. You know what forget it, I want you all out of my tower and if I hear about anyone of you bullying Peter, or telling anyone about his reactor let me tell you, you will live to regret it. Oh and Peter and Ted are staying bye!" Spoke Tony.

Once his class was gone, Peter realized he was still on the ground and went to stand up. Tony reached out his hand and helped Peter to his feet. Ned ran over and hugged Peter.

"Gods Peter never do that again. I thought I was going to lose my best friends." Ned stated honestly.

Peter frowned, "I'm sorry Ned. I thought I could wait to tell Mr.Stark so I didn't have to reveal anything to our class, but I guess that didn't work out."

Tony spoke, "Kid next time you feel like something is wrong, you come to me immediately no matter what or i'll take your suit away."

Peter smiled at him, "Why Mr.Stark, I never knew you cared so much,"

Tony looked at him, "Of course I care kid. If you die your aunt May would never let me hear the end of it." he said while walking away.

Peter laughed and called after him, "Who are you kidding. You love me!"

Fin

Word count: 1319

Again sorry if the ending wasn't great I didn't know how to end it.