• Chapter twenty one •

Maddie's POV

Two weeks have gone by and they've been the worst weeks of my life. Everyone won't shut up about the rumour Mario made and it's gotten really annoy. I don't get why people hate me so much for something I clearly didn't do and I even told everyone I didn't do anything but they don't believe me. I know Mario is popular at school but I'm famous for crying out loud so I thought people would take my side but Mario is really good at putting stuff in people's head and making them believe it. I've sat alone at lunch for the two weeks and it's been sooo boring but today I saw this girl I've never seen before sitting by herself at one of the cafeteria tables. I think she's new. That means she doesn't know the rumours. Thank god! I decided I would go over and sit at the table with her. "Hey!"I said standing beside her at the table "is it okay if I sit down here?"I asked and she looked up at me and smiled "sure"she said and I sat down. Looks like she doesn't have many friends either so I'm glad I came over and sat with her. She has brown eyes and brown kind of curly hair and she's super pretty."you must be new to the school cause I've never seen you here before"I said "yeah I am new"she said and I took a bite of my pizza "I feel like I've seen you somewhere before"she said looking at me "oh well actually I'm famous"I said "oh that's right! Your Maddie Stone"she said "yes I am. And you are?"I asked "I'm Amber"she said "well it's nice to meet you Amber"I said "it's nice to meet you too"she said "how come you came and sat with me? I thought you'd be friends with the popular people"she said "well actually that's kinda a long story. I don't have any friends right now. Well at the school at least"I said "I'd love to hear the story"she said and I explained the situation with Mario and how he made up all these rumours about me that aren't true. "Omg what the hell! Why would he do that to you?!"she said "I don't know he's just a jerk. I really don't know what I ever saw in him"I said "you were probably blinded by his hotness and him being popular that you didn't take a chance to see who he really was personality wise"she said "yeah that's about right"I said and we both laughed "so your dating Harvey Mills now right?"she asked "yeah I am"I said and a big smile came across my face "I can tell your really happy with him"she said "yeah he makes me really happy"I said smiling "well I'm glad cause we don't want another Mario situation"she said "yeah no Harvey is not like him at all. Harvey cares about me so much and would do anything for me and Mario was just a jerk"I said "it's good that he treat you right cause you deserve that after everything you've been through"she said "thanks! And yeah I've been through a lot in my life and not just with Mario"I said "oh do you mind me asking what happened"she asked "oh no I don't mind at all. Your my friend now so I should be able to tell you things"I said and she smiled and nodded for me to go on "so when I was younger my parents would always fight with each other and it was really bad so they obviously got divorced to make our house life a better environment to live in for me and my brother. My dad became a big drunk after the divorce and that just made me angry with him all the time so I eventually stopped visiting him but one day my brother and my dad went for a guys weekend up north and they got into an accident cause I guess my dad had been drinking before they left and they both passed away"I said "awe omg I'm so sorry that must've been terrible"she said "yeah it was but I try not to think about it or really talk about it cause it just makes me sad and I try to stay positive about things"I said "yeah that's a good way to think"she said "yeah"I said "but anyways going back to Harvey. His twin Max. He's really cute"she said smiling "ooo someone's crushing"I said wiggling "well I mean who wouldn't. Just look at him"she said blushing "well he is single so you got a chance and I could try to hook you two up"I said "omg would you actually do that for me?"she asked excitedly "of course I would. You are my friend after all"I said "omg Maddie your the best"she said giving me a hug and the bell rang for the end of lunch "ugh I don't wanna go to class"I said "me either"she said "how about you come over to my house tonight and we could FaceTime Harvey and I could get Max on the phone"I said "omg I'm gonna be freaking out"she said "you'll be fine"I said "okay fine"she said "I'll meet you out front at the end of the day"I said "okay see ya later"she said and we both walked out separate way to class.