• Chapter fifty •

maddie's pov

today is the day! we're heading up north to cottage we rented. i'm really excited to go to the trailer park i was at when i was younger and to get to see everyone that i was once friends with and hangout just like old times. it'll bring back a lot of memories that i put aside so i wouldn't become upset about my brothers and dad death, but i'm gonna try my best to be as positive as possible about it. right now harvey and i just finished packing and we're putting everything in my car. amber and max are coming up there in the same car as us this way we won't have to take to cars and it's just easier this way. we all got in the car and i started to drive up there. harvey of course offered to drive being the amazing boyfriend he is, but he's still injured from the car accident and i don't want him getting tired or something while driving and put anymore harm to himself than he already is in. we stopped a few times on the way up there from bathroom breaks or just to look around all the cute little small towns. i took some pictures with harvey to remember this little journey we're having together and they turned out adorable mostly because he's the most precious thing ever. amber and i went into a few little trinket stores and bought some things and then we continued on our way. we finally arrived at the trailer park and i drove up to the store there to tell them we've arrived at the cottage we rented. "hello, we're just wanting to let you know that we're here in cottage four" i said to the girl working as the cashier. she had dirty blonde short wavy hair, freckles and green eyes. i recognized this girl, but i just couldn't put my finger on who she exactly is. "okay what are your names?" she asked giving us a smile and opening up this book that had all the dates of people booking the cottages "maddie, harvey, max and amber" i said "wait a minute! are u maddie? like maddie that i used to play with all the time when we were younger until you're brother and dad died and you left the trailer park and is now a famous singer maddie?" she asked me "um that sounds like me. i kind of recognized you as well but i can't exactly remember you're name" i said "it's evelyn, remember?" she said "oh my good yeahh evelyn" i said walking over to her to give her a hug "i haven't seen you in so long" i continued embracing her in a hug "i know i missed you" she said hugging me back "i missed you too" i said getting out of her grip "so i'm guessing this is your new man then" she said pointing to harvey "yes i am" he said pulling me close to him and putting his arm around me "you guys are literally so cute" she said as harvey kisses my forehead and i smiled "thank you!" harvey and i said in unison "he so much better than kristian ever was to you. even though you guys were really cute too i just feel like harvey is a better fit for you" evelyn said. i almost forgot about kristian. he was my first ever real love. i always still think about him. he's that kind of guy that you always keep at the back of your mind and still will always have feelings for even though he don't know it. i loved him so much, but he really broke my heart. i tried to forgive him but my heart never really healed from that until i met harvey. "oh yeah how's kristian doing? i haven't seen him in a few years" i asked her "he's doing much better that he stopped vaping and partying. he's actually really changed a lot. i think he realized the person he became when he lost you. it really broke him and then boom he turned into a whole new person" she said "oh i'm happy for him" i said smiling. i miss him now and i don't know why. i love harvey not him but the feelings for him always have to ruin everything good in my life so i just need to forget about him. "um anyways i think we're gonna head to our cottage now but it was nice meeting you evelyn" harvey said shaking her hand and walking out the door and i walked out right behind him to our cottage.

   we finally unpacked and i just wanted to walk around the trailer park once by myself for old times sake, so i took that opportunity when harvey, amber and went out in the canoes. of course they offered for me to go, but i'm not a big fan of them. i've tipped them over once too many times trying to get in them and i'm not up for that again. i was walking down the dirt road waving and talking to people i haven't seen in a few years and that's when i came across his trailer. kristian's family's trailer. i stopped in my tracks getting sand in a flip flops and all the memories just rushed back to me. my heart started beating a bit faster thinking about it. now i really miss him. that's when i saw a tall dirty blonde haired boy walk out the door of the trailer. he looked my way and when he saw me a look of shock came across his face and that's when he started to walk towards me. "maddie?" he said. i missed his calming voice. "is that you?" "yeah it's me" i said with a slight smile "oh my gosh, what are you doing here?" he asked "i came with a few friends here for a getaway vacation and just for old times sake i guess" i said looking into his blue green eyes that i nice used to get lost in all the time "that's nice.. um i really miss you mads"he said looking back into my eyes "i miss you too" i said and that's when he grabbed my hand gently. i missed his touch. i looked down at our hands and back into his eyes. i had so many emotions going through me right now; anger, hurt and happiness. "i never stop thinking about you. i still love you maddie. i know i hurt you and i know i wasn't always the best boyfriend or influence for you, but i've changed. as soon as i lost you i realized i needed to change myself or i might loose someone else that means the world to me too. i changed for you. i want you back" he said and i was lost for words. it's like i couldn't speak nothing would come out. he always had a way of doing that. i don't even know what to think. do i still love him? "will you give me another chance?" he continued "i- i don't know. i have a boyfriend kristian" i said "oh" he said letting go of my hands and looking down at his feet "i'm sorry" i said "no it's okay. i'll wait for you. i'll always love you" he said smiling at me as he started to tear up "awe kristian don't cry" i said wiping the tear from his soft cheek "but do you have any feelings left for me at all?" he asked me as i still had my hand placed on his cheek and he looked into my eyes. i didn't know what to say. i'm so confused right now. he always some how appears in my life when things are going well for me. "to be completely honest with you they never really left. my feelings will always be there for you. you were my first love but i lo-" and that's when he grabbed my face and kissed me. at first i didn't kiss back but for some reason i couldn't help myself. i kissed back. it felt so wrong but also so right. what about harvey? i wanna be with him, but now kristian came back into my life. it's hard to explain, but he brings back all the best memories. that's when everything in my life was perfect. my grades were perfect, my family was perfect, my relationship with him was perfect and i still had my dad and my brother in my life. i don't know what to do now. i guess i do still love him but i also love harvey so much. what am i going to say to harvey? i'm gonna break his heart when he finds out what happened and i can't stand to think about doing that to him. what do i do now?

{a/n: hey guys! i'm really sorry i haven't updated in like almost two months now. i've just been trying to focus on school and my friends. i also recently got a boyfriend at the beginning of october, so that's really exciting for me and that's also probably why i haven't been updating since i've been focussing on my relationship with him as well. i'll try to be more active with his posting, but if  i'm not then you definitely know why now lol. anyways sorry i added a twist to this story, but character of kristian relates to my ex crush and i just had no ideas for this chapter so i thought why not add him. what do think maddie's gonna do? let me know in the comments. love you guys <3 ~ julia xoxo}