• Chapter forty nine •

maddie's pov

    ahh finally home sweet home. i get to be in the comfort of my own bed and be in my room again. i also get to see my mom and my soon to be step dad. i know i wasn't happy about them being engaged at first cause i felt like my mother was trying to forget about my dad and my brother or try to replace them, but i came to a realization that she's obviously not trying to do that. she's happy with robert and my dad was never the one with her so i'm happy she finally found someone she can spend forever with. hopefully one day i'll get to spend forever with harvey. yes i sound crazy already thinking about marrying harvey after we've only been together for a little less than a year, but i've never felt this way about anyone i've dated before. he just makes my heart feel so full and joyful all the time and every time i see him i still get butterflies like it's our first date all over again. i want spend every living moment with this boy and i never thought i could fall so deeply in love with someone until i met harvey. we've been through so much together and i'm glad that's he'll always be there for me and i'll always be there for him too.

     right now we're just unpacking some things from our luggage's. harvey is obviously staying with me at my house and max is staying with amber at her house. i'm gonna miss seeing amber and max everyday like we did when we stayed at the boys house, but i guess we'll just have to make plans to hangout. i've already rented a cottage at the old trailer park i used to have a trailer at when my dad was still alive, so we're going to be staying there for a week and it'll be nice to see all my old friends again after not seeing them for a few years. i know it'll definitely bring back a lot of memories that'll be hard for me to cope with since their mostly with my dad and my brother, but i have to stay strong and just enjoy myself while i'm there. "maddie, honey can you come downstairs once you and harvey are done unpacking?" i heard my mom yell up to me from the living room "yeah sure mom" i yelled back down to her. after we finished all our unpacking harvey and i headed downstairs to see what my mom wanted to talk to us about. "do you have any plans for today?" she asked us "nope we were just gonna chill out today" harvey said "okay well i was thinking i need to start wedding planning and buying things so i thought maybe you guys could come shopping with me today and help me out with that" she said with a smile on her face "oh my god yess of course we'll come" i said squealing a bit "okay great! i'm glad you're excited sweetheart" she said "i mean who wouldn't be wedding shopping and planning always looks so much fun in those hallmarks movies" i said and my mom laughed "well yeah that's true" she said "those movies are funny cause their always so unrealistic" harvey said laughing "oh i know that's why i watch them" i said "anyways i guess we better get going" she said and we all got our shoes on and headed out the door to go shopping. today's gonna be such a fun day!

harvey's pov

    we've been shopping and planning for this wedding for hours and i don't know if i can take it much longer. when they said 'we're gonna shop till we drop' i guess they actually meant it. i'm a guy, i don't like doing these sort of things but i know how much this day means for janine and maddie so i'm gonna stick it out for them. the first place we went to today was to get the invitations, then we went to the florist to order the flowers, next we went to the caterer place and tried tons of different food find what they wanted to serve at the wedding and then the cake place. the food places were my favourite cause we got to eat and food is the love of my life. other than maddie of course. "omg mom we should get you your dress!" maddie said excitedly "yes i almost forgot about that" janine said "how could you forget? that's the best part of the whole day" maddie said "i don't know but we better go fast before it closes" she said and we all headed back to the car and drove to the dress store. janine tried in tons of dresses until she found the perfect one. i'm sure she'll look beautiful on her big day. i saw maddie looking through the dresses while her mom tried things on so i walked up behind her slipped my arms around her waist. "why don't you try one on" i said kissing her cheek "i can't. i'm not getting married" she said "it's only be for fun and i saw you eyeing that dress for a while now so you should" i said "is that even allowed if you're not engaged?" she said "i don't know but who cares just try it on" i said taking the dress off the rack "okay fine" she said and took the dress with her to the change room. i sat down on one of the couches they had there and waited for her to come out and show me her in the dress. the curtain that was covering her change room opened up and out came maddie in a long white wedding dress. she walked out towards me and twirled around watching the shirt of the dress twirl with her. she looks absolutely stunning. i can only imagine how beautiful she'd look on our wedding day some day. "what do you think?" she asked me with a big smile plastered across her face "you look gorgeous" i said grabbing her hands as she starred into my eyes "thank you" she said "you're welcome" i said pecking her lips "i can't wait to see you like this one day on our wedding day" i said with a smile and that made her blush "you really think about marrying me one day?" she asked returning the smile "of course i do. i love you maddie" i said "well i think about it sometimes too" she said "i'm glad" i said "anyways i better get out of this dress before someone thinks i'm buying it" she said and turned around to go change out of it. "wait" i said and she turned back around to look at me "yeah?" she said "let me take a picture of you in the dress first" i said "fine" she said and posed for me as i took a picture of her "thanks" i said and she nodded and walked in to change out of the dress. i know today was an extremely long day, but it gave me hope for the future with maddie. that one day her and i could be shopping and planning for our wedding and i can't wait for that day to come.

{a/n: hey guys! i know i said i probably wouldn't be updating that much lately cause i've had no inspo and cause of school but i was extremely bored today and still am so i thought why not update a new chapter of my fanfic. anyways i'll try to update again soon. love you guys ~julia xoxo}