chapter •milky faced

*IT'S A SHORT CHAPTER.**

Days come and go, Catherine talks a stroll through the halls of the palace after her lessons with Princess Mary. Mary was everything Catherine hopes she would have as a daughter. Beautiful and a great interest in learning.

The only thing keeping that dream from being prefect is the man who she would have to sire it with. Catherine barely even liked holding hands with Norfolk, and the though of him being able to touch her disgusted her. Norfolk hadn't lay a hand on her since the first time, but Catherine still flinches away.

"Sister, dearest." Catherine turns around to find Jane walking towards her with a smile. Catherine found out so much about her sister. Jane was a devoted Catholic

"Hello, Jane. How are you?" Catherine asks. Jane only smiles and hooks her arm into Catherine to keep her close.

"I am well, but how are you?" Jane asks back, brushing at the noticeable cut on Catherine bottom lip. It was the cut Norfolk had left her. Catherine pulled away from Jane's hand but Jane kept her close.

"We don't know each other well, but we are kin. I would like us to be close as it should be." Jane says with sincerity. Catherine kept silent and Jane saw that. "I remember when Father had you sent away, you were no more than 3 years old I think."

"4 and I don't remember it well enough." Catherine says.

"But I do, and so do our brothers. Do you remember them?" Jane asks. Catherine shakes her head no. "Our brothers, Edward and Thomas, and our sister, Elizabeth. We always wondered how you were."

"You have?"

"Of course. You were the youngest of us all." Jane says. "My sister. Younger than me and already getting married. I am profoundly jealous."

"You shouldn't be." Catherine murmured.

"But I am. You will be Duchess of Norfolk. Your husband is good friends with the King."

"What good is that when there will be no love in the marriage?" Catherine ask with sincerity. Jane was able to see the innocence in her blood sister's eyes.

"Oh my sweet Kitty. You have much to learn." Jane says. Catherine stopped her tracks and looks at her. Jane turned around, wondering why Catherine stopped.

"Teach me then." Catherine says suddenly. Jane's face with still before breathing in.

"Well... You know the main duty of a wife, yes?" Jane asks.

"To faithful and to bear children." Catherine answers knowingly.

"More specifically, sons. All you need do is give Norfolk a boy or two and he will visit you less and less."

"Really?"

"I'm sure. It's happen to many wives. You can go find him a mistress just in case." Jane teases, but Catherine takes it to heart. She could easily find Norfolk a mistress to keep him away and distracted.

"Thank you, Jane." Catherine says.

"Of course, sister." Jane replies as she grabs her hand. " Remember, you will be a Duchess. You will have everything you want at your feet."

Everything you want at your feet. Catherine repeats. Maybe, just maybe, this future marriage may work.