onze

although maybe they didn't date for too long, camille would know chris anywhere. whether it would be the wafting scent of light mint and his gucci cologne that followed him, the sound of his laugh that sweeps through the air when he would throw his head back at something he found very funny, or simply the weight of his foot steps when they creaked on hardwood floors or padded up any staircase. camille also believed that if someone held a gun to her head and made her identify which of 5 men was chris but she could only tell by their abs, she would walk out alive. but that's besides the point.

she stood at the gate, pulling a grey hood over her head and being cautious to not look up for too long, not that she needed to see him to know that he was coming.

when chris texted camille and asked for her to pick him up, she was surprised, to say the least. she was sure that he had plenty other friends in the L.A. area, why her?

the reason behind it was that she was reliable, they both knew that regardless of the situation, no matter what was pulling them apart, they would always have each other's backs. and camille had always said that her one phone call would be chris, he would bail her out.

camille was unsure of whether or not she picked the right time to look up. because just as she lifted her head, wiping the stray blonde hairs from her eyes, her eyes locked on the familiar ones of none other than chris evans.

on the inside she begged herself to stay calm, if she could scream her broken heart out at him she could surely muster a simple "hello." it wasn't rocket science, right?

he was coming closer, closer, closer, closer. the foot step sounds echoing in her head as the man who snapped her heart in two stepped closer and closer, but camille could do this. or at least that's what she told herself, she didn't think that it would be this hard, but now, seeing him in person after so long. he looked like he was doing good. good without you.

he kept walking forward even though the blonde girl was sure she was using the force correctly to stop him from walking towards her. i need more time, she pleaded silently, i'm not ready.

"hi, camille." he murmured once he was close, camille thought he was too close, "it's been a minute, huh?"

she wanted to scream at him, she wanted to scream that she couldn't do this right now, she wanted to scream that she wasn't ready. but she swallowed all the terrified words that rose through her throat and threatened to spill from her mouth.

"i think we should hurry up and go, just so nobody we don't want taking pictures starts taking pictures."

the words were rushed and creaky, camille said what was hovering over her mind, she didn't want the paparazzi to get the chance to blow things out of proportion, especially since she was doing the same thing already in her own head.

he laughed and looked down at her, clear adoration beaming from his pretty blue eyes, "they're just pictures, what does it matter?"

"who are you and what did you do with chris evans?"

he laughed more, "what do you mean, millie? i'm serious, it's not a big deal."

"really?" she counteracted, unable to stop the venom that dripped from the words that followed, "when did you stop caring what people thought?"

if looks could kill, rest in peace camille laurent.

"you're right," he rolled his eyes and began walking away, leaving camille jogging to keep up with his long strides, "let's just leave."

it was now camille's turn to roll her eyes, running after chris until they reached the parking lot and he came to a complete standstill, right in the middle.

"why'd you stop?" she yelled, ogling at the muscular man that stayed frozen in the middle of a crowded and busy parking lot.

"i don't know where you parked." he mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"idiot." she laughed, leading the way to where the black bmw was parked.

"so," the tension the car is very evident and needed a break, a break brought by chris evans, "what've you been up to?"

the girl's blue eyes left the road for a little bit, looking at him before turning back to the highway in front of her, "a lot of tour stuff. everything happened really quickly, but i'm happy that it happened, regardless of the pace."

"you're twenty-two and you have your life together, much more together than i do."

she laughed, "maybe you should start with a planner or something small. you know, start with the little things and maybe you'll figure it out."

he laughed a little and smiled at her, camille thought she could die right then and there.

"can you imagine me carrying around a little girly planner and writing in it all the time."

she got off the exit and was nearing chris's house, a soft smile still etched on her face.

"i'm sure they make manly planners, if that's really what you're worried about." she assured, a quiet giggle escaping her lips.

"i'm worried about you." he said suddenly, the mood turning from one of quick jokes and laughter to one of secrets and anxiety.

camille groaned and leaned back in the seat, "why would you possibly be worried about me? i'm thriving."

"really?" he challenged, raising an eyebrow as she pulled onto his street, "because aubrey and lizzie both told me that you're working so hard, choreographing so much, and rehearsing for so long that you've been forgetting to eat-"

"you have spies watching me?" she exclaimed, in awe of the lengths he seemed to go to.

"i don't want to have to babysit you, camille. but you need to take care of yourself."

she parked on the driveway, unlocking the passenger door, ignoring his words, but he didn't leave the car.

"there's no ignoring this, camille. this doesn't go away."

she shivered but it wasn't cold, she was just uneasy. "you did."

"this isn't about me. i care about you, i care about you so much. it's time you start caring about yourself too."

she sighed, giving up only because she knew that he was right.

"fine." she still refused to face him, staring straight ahead as she sat with perfect posture.

he still didn't leave the car. the only noise that filled the car was the sound of their rhythmic breathing.

"did you ever want to give up?" camille asked as the silence became too quiet and the questions in her head became too loud, "on us getting back, on falling back in love."

he instantly shook his head and smiled widely, "i love you a little too much to give up, not again. i promise."

and that was all camille laurent needed to hear before diving back into the beautiful ocean that was chris evans, the keeper of her heart, forever and now always.