cinquante et un

"camille, let's go!" chris called from outside the bathroom of their hotel room, he was not-so-patiently waiting for camille, his nerves driving him to the point of insanity.

"if you yell at me one more time i will shave your head, do not test me!"

chris was a wise man, so he sat and waited quietly for her to finish getting ready. he liked his hair a little too much.

when she finally emerged he just smiled at her, hugging the small girl into his chest, where he wanted to keep her forever: closest to his heart. 

"chris," she called, bringing him back from whatever dream world he had floated off into, "are you ready to go?"

he nodded quickly and they got in his car and drove to the same set where they met, the same set where they fell in love.

when they pulled into the parking lot, camille noticed the abundance of familiar cars, but shrugged it off. she just thought that many other people had the same cars as her friends, but she didn't know just how wrong she really was.

"let's take a walk." he suggested, grabbing her by the hand when they got out of the car.

"this is one of my favorite places in the world, because this is where i shot some of the greatest movies with some of the greatest people."

she smiled at him getting sentimental, it was cute.

they stopped at the same place where the first pre-shooting huddle camille was in took place.

"this is where i experienced the greatest day of my life, this is where i met you for the first time. and you're little head came running in because you were late, it was adorable."

she squeezed his hand a little more and smiled, "i remember, i fell out of a car that day."

"and here is where i would watch you get into character and shoot your scenes, i remember thinking you were the most beautiful thing ever. it's been a long time and i still think you're the most beautiful thing."

"this is where i would stand and talk to aubrey super loud just to get your attention, but you only caught on sometimes."

"i'm a little oblivious, chris, give it time!" she joked, the cute smile never leaving her face.

"let's go through here." he suggested, pulling a door open for her so that they were in the hallway of an inside set.

lining each wall we're various members of the cast, along with scott. they were all smiling the biggest grins and holding candles as camille walked by.

"will you marry me, camille?" tom asked.

"no."

"marry me, camille?" sebastian said much against his will.

"extremely hard pass."

"will you marry me?" scott asked with a huge smile.

"no." she laughed as chris said, "well that marriage would be a sham."

"will you marry me, millie?" aubrey asked, full of pure excitement for his best friend.

"no thank you."

"marry me, millie?" elizabeth asked, the final person in front of the door.

"no." she laughed again as chris spoke, "only one i was worried about."

he pulled the door back to lead her forward to a room with no lights, but it didn't need any. it was covered in flickering candles.

her lungs failed her as camille struggled to gain oxygen, realizing exactly what was happening.

"this is where i fell in love with you." chris spoke, his blue eyes piercing into hers as he began to kneel in front of her and pull a black box from his pocket.

"and this is where i ask you to marry me."

"now!" lizzie shouted from the hallway as sprinklers began to pour all over the couple, and camille began to laugh uncontrollably.

"camille marie laurent, i have loved you since the day i met you, will you marry me?"

"yes!"

and as their friends cheered and danced they kissed in the "rain." chris and camille had finally found their paradise that seemed to take forever, but it was here and they were happy.