trente neuf

VOGUE: FRANCE

camille laurent poses for vogue: france and talks about her music career, acting career, and what it's like dating captain america!

RISE OF A PHOENIX TOUR:

"touring, gosh, yeah that was pretty insane. it's different, touring for press when it comes to cloak and dagger as opposed to touring for my own music is quite the stretch. with music you just get exhausted and you think you have time to sleep, but i didn't. only because i was afraid that if i did, i would miss something major and regret it. funnily enough, atlanta probably had the biggest turn out, it's just crazy knowing that there's that many people here to see you. my friends came to a few different stops, like lizzie was in LA with sebastian, whom i do NOT want to talk about. just kidding i love him, but i also hate him because he's like super rude. i'm getting off topic, heck. chris and scott were in LA and boston so that was super great. i love scott, he's like the brother i never had so it's just great. being on tour, it really makes you feel super grateful for everyone who helped you get there. my manager and the band playing behind me, background singers, background dancers, choreographer, vocal coach, hair and makeup, and especially the sound and tech people, i would never have been able to put on a single show without them. touring was a blast, i do want a break from it though, because it's just so exhausting and you know. sometimes you kind of lose your mind and tell the person you love you want to take a break, when you do not, in fact, actually want to take a break."

CLOAK AND DAGGER SEASON 2:
"i love that show and everyone who works on it with all of my heart. it's very important, the message behind it all, and all the support we've had for certain topics that other people don't think that the show should've touched on, it's amazing. aubrey joseph is my best friend and i would actually murder for him, people think they understand, they don't. he doesn't think he's that great, but he is so great. based on the comics, cloak seemed to be a super hard character to bring to life because he's hidden behind all these walls and been through all this trauma, but what aubrey has managed to do to make him an open character, i couldn't be prouder of him. i think joe just confirmed the tyrandy that's going to be coming your way in season three so that's exciting. it's kind of been this whole build up for them, two people that thought they had nothing in common, finding out that they are so much more alike than they seem. i think it's really beautiful, finding love in the places you never thought it would be. tandy and tyrone have been falling in love for the first two seasons, and i think as an actor or just as a fan, you see it in their eyes even. it's just been a huge pleasure to be able to bring that story to life because i think it needs to be told."

CHRIS EVANS:
"that's my boo. i love that man and i used to be so afraid of those feelings because i had never really felt like that towards anyone before. people shove it down your throat that you're not supposed to feel like that, you constantly hear people being like "oh that's so weird! he's so much older than her!" when yeah, he is older than me, but that's it. and as long as its legal, i don't think that should really matter in the grand scheme of things. i wrote a whole album dedicated to that guy, even after we broke up and he was dating somebody else. and no, my fourteen year old self declines to comment on that drama. i live with him now, we go back in forth between LA and boston which is nice and he came with me to france to meet my mom and i could kind of show him where i grew up. our dogs get along, which is really relieving because if they didn't i don't think we would still be together. we're coming up on a year pretty soon, so yeah that's exciting. i think we both want the same things, which makes everything a lot easier, at least when you're looking into the future. i'm a firm believer in the idea that everything happens for a reason, so i think that he's here with me, hopefully to stay because if he wasn't, we wouldn't have gotten back together after the first time."