soixante treize

the wedding

"camille! time is ticking!" aubrey shouted, standing outside the room that his best friend was changing in.

all of the bridesmaids were lined up and ready to go, emma ruth was leading them down the aisle as the flower girl with some help from lizzie.

slowly the door began to creak open, revealing camille in a detailed and beaded white dress. her hair flowed down her shoulder in graceful waves that mocked those of the pacific ocean.

"you look beautiful."

camille swatted him away but eventually pulled him in for a tight embrace, "you're going to
make me cry for like the seventh time today!"

"we don't have time for tears. everyone is ready to dance down the aisle!"

aubrey slapped his hand over his mouth when he realized that he had revealed mackie and seb's secret plan.

just like the office, they had planned for everyone dance down the aisle to chris brown's forever. camille, who did think that the idea was funny, dismissed it as a legitimate wedding entrance.

to much of aubrey's surprise, the bride didn't get upset at all. she just laughed a little and shook her head, trying to not hold on to something that wouldn't really matter much.

"you're not mad?" he asked, slightly concerned by her calm reaction.

she shook her head and laughed a little bit, "i had a feeling they would do this, but no, i'm not mad. i mean, i'm getting married to the love of my fucking life today, how could i be mad?"

someone knocked on the door, camille knew time was running short. any minute now she was set to walk down the aisle.

the door opened up, revealing chadwick in his suit and pink rose pin, ready to walk camille down the aisle. robert also offered to walk the blonde girl down the aisle, but she politely declined and told him to save that special moment for his own daughter, she didn't want to take that from him.

"you know," he smiled while taking in the whole look displayed by his 'daughter', "i promised myself i wouldn't cry today, but we all know i'm a shitty liar."

camille smiled, "let's get a move on, we don't have wakanda forever to get down this aisle."

"i changed my mind and i don't want
to walk with you."

they just laughed but were slightly pushed out the door by the wedding planner who was in total helicopter mode.

the stupid music was still playing but camille payed it little to no mind. the entire time, although her and chad were totally breaking it down, she was completely focused on chris.

how he stood at the altar, waiting for her to dance her way down to him, and then they could get married.

when they locked eyes, camille noticed the tears running down his cheeks and how he just smiled at her before mouthing: "i love you, beautiful."

she just scrunched up her face in the most adorable way that she could and when other people saw it they laughed. everybody in the room knew how perfect they were for each other.

"dearly beloved, we are gathered here today..."

the ceremony dragged on until the vows, camille and chris were even for the cry counts. the rest of the cast members and various close friends of the couple had betted on who would cry more and how many times each would cry.

camille opted to go first, lizzie handing her a small tear stained sheet of paper, where camille had written her vows.

"i didn't know how important you were to me until i lost you. the one day that i showed up outside your room, sobbing my eyes out, that was when i realized that i was in love with you. when i was forced to imagine going through life without you, my heart broke. before i met you, i didn't know what it was like to look at someone and just smile for no reason, but now i know. when i was little i thought that love was all red roses, diamond rings, and expensive dinners. but now that i've loved and i've learned, i can say that's not true, not in the slightest. the truth is that love is when you give me half of your fries even when i say i'm not hungry. love is when i wake up at 3 am and have the willpower to not slap you for snoring so damn loud. love is when you recite the best lines from threat level midnight when i'm stressed just because you know it makes me laugh. love is when you try to embarrass me in public and shove me into sunglasses stands so that i knock the whole thing over. love is when you let me drool all over your shoulder on the long flights from california to boston. love is our stupid fights and memorable makeups. love can be pretty and romantic at times, but that's not all it is. love is just stumbling through life with your best friend, and i'm happy to have stumbled upon you."

when she finally looked up from the paper, her eyes met chris's, both filled with tears.

he pulled out his piece of paper and just laughed, "i don't know how i'm going to top that, but i'm going to try."

he began clearing his throat a little, but was stopped by the crying of a baby, emma ruth.

her maternal instincts kicked in and camille asked lizzie to bring her her baby, just because she knew that she would be able to calm her down.

holding the baby on her hip, camille began to gently rock her as she silenced.

"sorry," she laughed, "continue."

"i was told before that i was going to meet one great girl in my life, of course that excludes my mom. now, i would find that advice to be very, very true. but for anyone still looking, here's some help.

when you meet this person, when you find someone like camille, you'll know that they're there to stay. from the moment you meet them, you know they're going to be trouble. but the good kind that will dance around a 7/11 at 3 am or pull many all nighters courtesy of the office. camille was weird like that, but damn was it enjoyable. she had an attitude, but i was more than willing to put up with it. they'll make you do things you never thought you'd do, like purposely break things because it helps when you're mad. she made me see things i thought were invisible and made me feel things i thought were impossible. camille, i love you against reason, against hardship, and against hate. because when i met you, it was so clear that i had to have you. we're going to be partners in crime forever, and i knew from the beginning that this would happen, even if it didn't happen right away. and even though you drive me crazy, you're worth it."

when camille began to cry, it was emma ruth that reached her chubby little arm up to wipe away the tears.

"seb, are you crying?"

"shut up, anthony! i'm emotional!"