soixante

"camille?" chris called out as soon as he poked his head through the garage door after parking his car.

she didn't respond, she was in the kitchen chopping celery for dinner, but her hands began to shake when she heard the car roll into the garage.

"camille?" he called again, finally spotting her from where she stood by the counter, knife poised in her hands.

"hi." she smiled weakly, the knife still shaking in her hands.

"let's put that down, yeah? you're shaking like crazy, baby."

after he took the large knife from camille, setting the blade on the counter, he pulled her into a tight hug, but she began to gag.

"what the hell, chris? you're making me sick!" she covered her hand with her mouth as she ran to the bathroom, falling onto her knees and heaving her lunch into the toilet bowl.

he came in to hold her hair back, rubbing soft circles onto her back and telling her it would be okay even though she believed the polar opposite.

"i feel disgusting." she groaned, brushing her teeth vigorously to rid the taste of bile from her mouth.

"everybody throws up," he tried to assure her, "just not nearly as often as you do. i'm seriously worried, camille."

"don't be worried, i got it figured it out."

he winced slightly, "i love you, but saying that you got it figured out worries me more."

"i'm not going to tell you now." she threatened, walking out of the bathroom and back into the kitchen, resuming her chopping.

"does anyone else now?" he asked, standing a distance behind her since she warned him about the power of his cologne.

"lizzie knows but that's it. i'm quite nervous about it, actually."

"when are you going to tell me?" he asked, trying to grab food from the fridge before she smacked it out of his hands and told him "i'm making dinner right now, stop it!"

"can you sit down? i don't want you to jump
up and tackle me." she said, no emotions as she leaned back on the counter for support.

"tackle you?" he questioned, but sat down at the kitchen table regardless, not wanting to piss her off or make her vomit.

camille stayed silent, chewing nervously at her bottom lip and staring at the ground.

"camille?" he asked, "are you going to tell me?"

"do you really want to piss off the pregnant woman, chris?" she spoke harshly before slapping a hand to cover her mouth, not believing she let it slip like that.

"pregnant woman?" he asked, a huge smile growing on his face.

she nodded and smiled, "yeah, 6 weeks."

"oh my god. i love you!"

"i love you," she smiled as he crushed her into a hug, "but the smell of you is intoxicating, in a bad way. and, are you crying?"

he sniffed a little and wiped a tear, "i'm just so damn happy."

she looked up at him and laughed as they shared a small kiss, "so damn happy." she repeated, the wide grin never leaving her face.