one

*This chapter has been edited and checked for mistakes*
Please vote and comment!!!

Quick side note before you begin reading this story. Hi, my name is Hannah and I am currently a freshman in college. This story has gone so much farther than I ever thought that I would. I know it's bad. I know the grammar is wrong in some places and the plot jumps around like crazy. I wrote this story when I was in 7th grade, and I didn't even write the whole story. I started reading this story and a girl said that she no longer wanted to write it, and sent the chapters over to me. I continued it without knowing what she had planned for the rest of it. It is meant to be a quick read that is enjoyable for a young audience that may not care as much about grammar mistakes. I hope you enjoy, and please do your best not to judge. Thank you. 

Chapter One.

I stared at the blank and grimy wall as silence permeated the small room, leaving me alone with my unwanted and haunting memories. My eyes flickered towards the dim light bulb swinging back and forth, back and forth; a constant in my fickle environment. A bell rang in the distance, its harmonious tingling soothing me like a warm embrace.

Footsteps thumped closer to my cell, making my body curl into itself, preparing for the oncoming pain. "I love you my beautiful angel," Her last words whispered repeatedly in my mind, reminding me what I had lost and what I most dearly wanted back. The cold metal door creaked eerily as someone opened the cell door.

"Get up whore, it's time to cook dinner," the voice snapped emotionlessly. "Mr. Alexander is in a murderous mood tonight so make it good," he grunted. I silently nodded my head, slowly sitting up. My hair fell around me in a ratty curtain, my bones groaning as I sat with my knees curled under me, arms down holding up my weight.

I stared at the guard's stony face and glaring eyes as if he was saying it's YOUR fault you are here. YOU could have helped her. YOU should have been in her place. YOU deserved it.

It's as if no one knows how guilty and depressed I already feel for my actions.

I cautiously slide my feet from underneath me, stumbling a bit, though not wincing as my bones clacked together. After a while I got used to the pain. My hands pushed me up as I got up unsteadily onto my feet.

I slowly and painfully walked towards the guard, my eyes squinting from the harsh light coming from behind him, shadowing his face, but outlining his sharp features. "Hurry up bitch, I don't have all day," he snapped at me. Nodding my head, I sped up my pace, following him as fast as I could. As I reached the guard he snatched my wrist, his stubby fingers digging into the flesh of my arm causing me to flinch in pain.

The guard dragged me roughly up the stairs, not bothering to care if I was hurt. He walked at a fast pace, causing my bare feet to bump into every step, creating small streams of blood to run down my already injured toes and heel. As we reached the door at the top of the stairs, I nervously fixed my old ratty paramore band tee-shirt and sweats.

Glancing at me with blank eyes, he jolted the door open, thrusting me in and slammed the door right after me. I gulped and kept my gaze down as I maneuvered my way towards the kitchen; each step I took spiked pain up my leg.

My feet led me to the kitchen. As I looked up I spotted the bright kitchen appliances, making me gleam brightly. Knowing that everyone here found joy in my sadness, I forced my smile to fall back to its usual sad appearance before starting my work.

Opening the fridge I took out all the already marinated two pound steaks one by one and placed them on foil covered tin pans. Placing the first batch of ten steaks in the oven and set a timer. I then began placing candy roses on the six tiered triple chocolate cake I made the night before.