four

Please Vote and Comment!

Of life's two chief prizes, beauty and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer's hand.

- Khalil Gibran

Chapter Four.

The next day, I reached the town Bane was talking about and I was starstruck by the beautiful scenery.. The sun was just coming up and casted a beautiful red orange glow on the lake. A light breeze rattled, swayed, and shook the leaves. Clouds reflected in the water, creating a hazy illusion. It was a perfect sight to mark my first day of freedom.

I walked down the stone steps of the train station into the fresh crisp air. Stepping out of a car nearby was a man with brown hair, and excitement bubbled in me as I ran towards him.

Getting to him, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. Tears began to fall from my eyes as I cried on his chest. His arms wrapped around me securely.

"Whoa, hey there speedy. I know I'm devilishly handsome but you didn't need to jump me." Bane jokingly muttered into my hair causing me to giggle slightly, lessening the grip of my legs from around his waist even though I had no clue how I had ended up there in the first place. I laid my head down on his shoulder and sniffled a little before I let go of his waist and whipped my eyes on the sleeve of my jacket.

"Finally, I thought you'd never get here!" He said with fake pout on his face and his hands on my shoulders. Picking me up again, he twirled me around, I felt a flash of nausea then it disappeared. "You look way more angelic in person."

I blushed at his comment and looked down at my fingers, twiddling them, a nervous habit.

"You're a good liar." I told him, looking back up at him giggling, and then looking back down.

"No, I'm not." He said tilting my chin up, so I'd look him in the eye. "You're gorgeous." I blushed as he took my bag and placed it in the trunk. "Here, come on. We got a long ride ahead of us." He said opening the door for me.

"And I thought chivalry was dead." I said joking with him. After talking to him through e-mails, I felt close to him. Chuckling, he got in the car too.

"It is, but why not bring it back? A girl as dazzling as you should be able to experience it." He charmingly stated, a grin on his face. A blush grew on my face again. My fingers twiddling.

"The Pack is really excited to get to know and meet you." He began starting the conversation. "My Beta and third command, Ryder and Camden almost got in the car with me to come and get you." He told me, laughing.

I wasn't laughing though. My fingers began to twiddle faster at the thought of meeting other people. "Are you sure that you want me in your Pack? And that your Pack is okay with me being in the pack?" I questioned him softly, afraid of the answer.

"Like I told you, we're happy to have you in the Pack--no ecstatic that you're joining." He answered. "I know you've told me that your Pack was abusing you, but what did they do to make you fear everybody and make you so self-conscious that you have trouble accepting help like you don't deserve it? Well news flash Kaily, they are the ones that don't deserve you." His grip tightened on the steering wheel as an angry look entered his eyes.

I stared at him open mouthed, shocked that someone cared so much for me that they got angry. No one had ever stood up or had ever gotten angry for me. Tears burned under my eyelids, but I refuse to let them fall.

I smiled at him as bright as I could and answered him. "It doesn't matter, I just want to forget and move on with my life."

The rest of the ride was spent in silence, both of us lost in thoughts.