Chapter 14

Alex P.O.V

"How about this one?" I take out a pair of jeans and a nice blouse. Of course I would wear it with a sweater on top.

I've been looking forward to this the whole week

"Come on Alex this is a date not school" Allison says shaking her head.

It was Friday already. I was pretty nervous about this date. I asked Allison to help me with picking out an outfit.

"I shouldn't go" I say sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Alex what's really going on?" Allison sits beside me.

"What if he doesn't like me?" I'm scared he gets to know me better and he doesn't like me. I had a lot of disappointments in my life and I can't have my heart broken because he's the one who is putting them back together.

"That's a load of bullshit." She smiles getting up.

"Come on lets go to the mall"

"I have no money." I left my money back home. I haven't been there since I was in the hospital.

"Allison can you drive me to my house" I forgot all about my clothes at home. Before my parents got abusive my mom came home one day with a navy blue strapless dress.

"I saw this and I thought of you. You can wear this for your fifteen birthday party." I never got to wear it or had a birthday party. I was locked in my room for annoying them with my face. The house should be empty.

I follow Allison out the house to her car. Scott and Stiles were playing football with some friends.

We get in and she speeds off down the road.

About 45 minutes she turns to my street.

"You lived here?" She looks at the houses. They weren't big like Scott's place. A group of teenagers were fighting in front of a house.

"Yup" I point to my house. Oh god it feels weird being back here.

"Wait here....... Oh and lock the doors." I close the door behind me and she locks it.

I walk around the house to a tree that leads to my room. I would sneak out after a beating to cry or just for a little while walk to the park to forget how horrible my life was.

I climb up opening my window. I take a deep breath before getting in.

All the horrible memories hit me like bricks.

My mom laughing When I got hit. My dad making my mom burn me. Everything starts playing in my mind like a movie.

I grab a garbage bag and shove my clothes in. I grab my dress and was ready to walk out the door to get my shoes downstairs when I hear someone talking.

I freeze in place when I hear my parents agrue. I thought they left town. Crap if they see me they will hurt me.

I climb out the window fast. I don't care if I fall down. I hide behind some bushes when I see my dad walk out the back.

"Are you sure it's in the back?" My dad yells. My mom pokes her head out the door pointing to something.

I quietly crawl and run as fast as I could.

Allison saw me running and opened the door.

"Drive!" I jump in slamming the door.

She drives off. Oh god that was close, too close.

I look outside and started breathing normal.

If my parents knew I came back they would have stayed just to beat me.