Chapter 42

Derek P.O.V

I stared at the wall. I was numb, my whole body was frozen.

I don't know how long Alex been in surgery. I look at the others they were staring at the ground. Isaac was still crying. Stiles had a few tears falling down. Scott was serious looking at his hands.

I knew how much they cared for Alex. They loved her like a sister which made me happy because she lived her whole life alone and scared and now she had people who loved her and wanted to be with her.

Maybe if I stayed with her this wouldn't have happened.

"I couldn't protect her." Isaac spoke out looking at me.

"It's not Isaac. This isn't nobodies fault but carters." Scott mumbled before the room became silent again. 

I gulp down my words. I knew if I talked all that would come out would be sobs. I have to be strong, I can't break down....strong for Alex.

"Derek" Mrs.McCall comes in with the doctor behind her. She looked worse than when she saw Alex before .

"The surgery went well. The bullet didn't hit any major artery. It was pretty close to the heart but thank god it didn't. Lost a lot of blood" he scratched his jaw nervously.

"But what?" Isaac says loudly.

"She fell into a coma." I felt lightheaded, I grab onto Scott shoulder to keep me up.

"W-When....how long" I manage to say.

"We had cases like this. It could be week,months or even years. We just have to wait" the doctor squeezes my shoulder before leaving.

I didn't know what to feel about this. She was alive but she wasn't. She's here but she isn't.

I felt someone grab me and hug me. I'm not much of a hugger but I needed this.

"She's going to be alright Derek" Stiles whispers in my ear. I hug him back feeling everything was crumbling in my life.

Alex is my rock. My everything and I couldn't tell her I loved her.

"You can see her" Mrs.McCall looked tired but she forces a smile.

I let go of Stiles and follow her to her room.

Mrs.McCall quickly hugs me. I half smile slowly walking in.

My sweet Alex was connected to many machines.

White as snow and bags under her eyes. The bruise turned her left eye black and a mixer of blue.

"Alex" I whisper grabbing her cold hand. I look at the floor trying not to cry but failed miserably.

"You get to fight Alex, you have to stay here with me." I wipe my eyes with my other hand.

I grab a chair and move it closer to her.

I kept holding her hand, I was afraid to lose her again.

"I love you" I say kissing her forehead.