Chapter 46

Derek P.O.V

It's been 6 months. 6 months without her laugh. 6 months without her smile and it's slowly killing me.

All day and all night I've been staring outside wishing she would wake up but nothing has happened.

"I've been waiting for you to wake up baby. I need to hear you. I'm slowly giving up" I say kissing her hand and felt the tears fall down. I don't know if I could do this anymore. Just staring at her sleeping makes me die a little inside.

"Derek here" I wipe my face before looking at Isaac. He hands another bag of McDonalds.

"Morning" the doctor comes in looking at the machines.

"I've been talking to the other doctors to get some information as to help Alex" I sit up and look at him.

"We think it's best to disconnect her from the life support and see if she can breathe without it"

"What? No" I say right away. I can't do that, I won't do that.

"Derek you have to understand if we do it we might push her to wake up"

"What if she does need it but we take it out and she dies"

"We won't know till we try it....... We need to know, you need to know" he says serious.

He could be right but he can also be wrong and I'll lose her forever.

But I need her to wake up and if it means to take her life support then we just have to hope.

"Okay let's do it"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright we are going to start" the doctor says looking at the machine.

Scott has his hand on his mom shoulder. Stiles was looking at the floor and Isaac was biting his nails.

I breathe in and out praying this will work.

"Ready?" He asked looking at me. I nod feeling scared.

He sighs turning off the machine. It started to go in a flat line.

"Please Alex fight you can do it" I whisper holding her hand.

It started to beep slowly but she started to breathe on her own.

"It worked!" Isaac says excited. I look at her face and smiled.

This means something. She's still fighting.