Chapter 20

Alex P.O.V

I pay for my lunch and look for a empty table or the guys.

For the first time the cafeteria is full. I guess I have to go outside and eat.

Derek took me to the caravel three days ago. I had so much fun. It was my first time there. My parents promised to take me but they never did.

Since I been with Derek I don't feel alone. I don't get nightmares that much.

I look around for a table and my eyes land on Derek sitting at a table.

"Hey babe" Derek says taking my tray away and give me a peck on the lips. Every time he calls me babe I get chills and an instant smile.

"What are you doing here?" I sit down with my chin on the palm of my hands watching him look at me.

"I wanted to see you" he smiles caressing my cheek. I felt my cheek burn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Im waiting on the bench again. I forgot the spare keys at home so I have to wait for Scott. I wanted to skip classes so I can be with Derek but he didn't want me to miss school.

He was coming around 6 to pick me up so we can go to the theatre. He kept looking around for someone which was weird. He did the same thing when we went to the caravel.

"Hello Alex" I jump at the deep voice beside me. I look around scared and see a black car in front of the bench and a man in a suit.

"Hi?" I started to get nervous. His eyes were as cold as my fathers are.

"Im Carter. I'm a friend of your boyfriend" he says trying to smile sweetly but it gives me a wrong feeling.

"How do you know my name?" I try to get up so I can run but he moves closer.

"That's a secret" he smirks fixing his tie.

"I-I have to go" I say stuttering.

"Well I'm here to pick you up. Derek told me so" He moves closer to me almost touching my body.

I look at him questioning if he was really Derek's friend.

"Sorry I can't" I step back almost falling back but he grabs my arm tightening his grip.

"I'll hurt him if you don't come with me" His voice sounded almost threatening.

I froze looking at him. He wasn't a friend of Derek's. Was he telling the truth?

I gulp down the little salvia I had and nod.

He smiles letting go of my arm and opens the door for me.

"Alex? Wait!" I hear Allison call my name but he pushes me in closing the door and running to his side.

He starts the car and gives me a creepy smile.