Chapter 38

Alex P.O.V

"These fuckers better feed us" Isaac tries to untie me but fails.

"It's no use Isaac. I just want them to let you go, this isn't your fight" I sigh leaning back on the wall. I don't know how long we've been here. I think it's the afternoon or evening.

"I'm not leaving without you." He puts his hand on my leg. I'm glad he is here with me. If I was alone I would have been a mess.

"Hey fatass are you going to feed us?" Isaac says to Jess who was eating a sandwich.

I hit Isaac to shut up.

"If I wasn't tied up you would get pay back for kicking me yesterday"

"Oh really? A skinny kid like you? I doubt it" Jess burps getting up and walk towards us.

"Why don't you untie me and we'll see" Isaac smirks. Jess thinks about it.

"What's the hurm in that" he starts untiring his hands but Carter walks in.

"What are you doing?" He says calmly. Jess freezes getting up.

"Nothing" Carter looks at him knowingly.

"Did you feed them?"

"Yes sir I did"

"No he didn't. He only bought himself food fat ass" Isaac says loudly.

Carter laughs softly before running towards Jess and pins him to the wall. It all happened in a flash.

"What did I say about lying to me" he says in a threatening voice.  

Isaac moves in front of me in case Carter comes to me.

"Not going to happen again" Jess says stuttering.

"Sam get them something to eat" Carter lets go of Jess and pushes him out the room. He fixes his tie before smiling at us.

"Sorry for that. Food is coming" Carter says calmly like nothing happened. He walks out leaving me frozen.

Memories of my father doing that to me when I burned his food came rushing back like bricks.

"Alex it's okay" Isaac tries to touch my face.

"I-I-I" I stutter before crying out of nowhere.

"He just reminds me of my father" I let out a sob.

"He did that to you?" Isaac looked surprised.

"Yeah....." Isaac half hugs me kissing my head.

"Your father isn't here anymore. I'm here to protect you. Carter won't hurt you." he says calming me down.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"H-H-Here" Sam hands us McDonalds.

"Why are you with them? You don't seem scary or dangerous like them" I whisper trying to grab the drink. He put the cup in my hand before looking behind him.

"Their the only family I got." He forces a smile but it didn't reach all the way. His eyes told a different story. Pain.

"You can find better people than them" Isaac says with his mouth full.

He lightly laughs shaking his head.

"When you are with a person for so long that treats you like shit but stays with you eventually that's all the family you can get" he stands up but before he does he hands me a necklace with an angel. I look at it  closely.

In small writing it says 'stay safe'. I look at him confused.

"My mother gave me this before she died......it protected me so far now it's yours"

I look at him smiling "thank you" but Carter comes in.

Sam stands up looking at the floor. Carter walks up to me and pulls me on my feet.

"Leave her alone" Isaac says in a threatening tone.

"Take her and I'll take him" he pushes me towards Sam. He gently grabs my arm dragging me out the room and down a few stairs.

"Asshole when Derek finds you your dead meat" Isaac says to up on Carter

Carter just smirks at him and throw him to a wall in a blink of a eye. I cover my eyes and hear Isaac cry in agony. Carter grabs me from Sam's grip and slowly begins to tighten his grip slowly till I let out a high pitched scream until he stopped and looks at me.

"You asshole!" I yell at his face making his eyes open wide. I breathe in and out with an angry expression on my face.

All he does is laugh and lifts his arm high and all I do is wait for the pain like I always do. His fist connects to my eye. I hold in my tears because I know he will get angry just like my father did.

"You fucking asshole I'm gonna kill you" Isaac yells trying to crawl to us. Carter laughs throwing me on top of Isaac and leaves us alone.

"Are you okay?" He touches around my eye. I feel it getting swollen and throbbing.

"Yeah I'm alright I've had worse" I dryly chuckle.

"Let me see your head" the side of his head was bleeding.

The doors open to 5 big guys and Sam. They all stand in front of us facing Carter. Sam looks at us worried.

"Show time" Carter says excited.