Chapter 17

Alex P.O.V

Four days had passed since I seen him. I thought the date went well but clearly it didn't.

"Hey Alex wait up!" Allison yelled trying to get pass the group of students in the hall.

"I didn't see you at lunch time. Everything alright?" I was at the library trying to do my homework but my thoughts were eating me up.

"I wasn't feeling well" I sit down on the bench. School was over and practice was today so I had to stay.

"Still worrying about Derek?" She sits down beside putting her arm around my shoulder.

I just nod afraid I was going to break down.

"You know how guys are. Clueless and slow" she says half smiling. I just thought with the kiss he gave me , meant something.

"Crap I gotta go Scott wants me to watch him play" she rolls her eyes.

"Tell Scott I'm gonna go home.....I don't feel like waiting for him"

"I can take you home if you want?" I shook my head getting up and walk outside.

It was pretty windy for fall. I zip up my sweater and put my earphones on.

I really thought he liked me. I was happy he kissed my cheek but it meant nothing to him. Maybe he wants to be friends.

I feel like an idiot for believing he did. I'm falling for him hard.

I turn up the volume from my iPod and begin to walk down the street.

Did I do something wrong? Does he not like me the way I like him? I shake my head from my annoying thoughts.

*beep beep*

I hear a horn beeping loud and I turn around to see Derek driving his car slowly beside me. He waves for me to get in his car.

I keep on walking putting my earphones back on. Maybe he will get the idea I don't want to talk to him.

"Alex!" I feel him tapping my shoulder.

"I don't want to do this now Derek" I push his hand away and continue walking.

"Alex" he yells grabbing my arm turning me to face him.

I was ready to yell at him but he grabbed my face gently. He slams his lips against mine.

He kissed me with a hard, desperate passion, the way I had never been kissed before.