Chapter 5: Tears of the mightiest Fairy

The third day was very boring since everyone took care of their wounds and got ready so I had nothing to do. We hoped that Zeref and his demon Sally wouldn't appear tonight, but you will hear all about that later. Wendy put bandages around Romeos arms and chest and I had to smile. He said something and she started to chuckle. It wasn't even that funny, but she still laughed, and as he blushed, he laughed with her.

But Erza seemed down in the dumps today so I went over to her. "A-are y-you OK Erza?"

She turned around surprised and replied: "Happy? Uhm, w-why of course I am ok. Why wouldn't I be?" Even deaf people could have heard that she wasn't ok and that she was very nervous. I sighed and let her be, I thought it would be the best for the moment.

The evening was coming closer and all of us put on our finest clothes again.

As the party had begun, Romeo turned to Wendy and bowed down: „May I have this dance Milady?" She smiled and said: „Always Romeo."

I was surprised to see that Natsu and Lucy danced too.

Gray talked to people and Erza..... was just standing all by her own. She didn't eat cake or danced or anything like that. She just stood there.

"What is wrong Erza? This is a party. There is cake for crying out loud, why are you so down in the dumps?"

"It's nothing happy, really I am just fin..."

"Stop lying oh great and mighty Titania! You are sad and I can see it so spill it already!" I didn't even notice I screamed at Erza in that moment, I just wanted to know what was up with her.

My expression softened and I looked down:" You miss Jellal don't you?"

I must have caught her off-guard because her eyes went wide open and she looked at me with terror:" H-how did you know?"

I couldn't help but to grin: „Erza, I was rejected so many times by Carla, I lost track of how many times it was. I stopped counting at 1000 or so. Believe me, I know best what a broken heart looks like. Why don't you go find him if you miss him this much?"

She didn't answer. She just stormed out of the museum, her face flooding with tears.

She ran out and eventually ended up in a garden of red roses. There she fell to her knees and sobbed. I don't think I ever saw Erza crying so full of agony. Suddenly someone gave her a tissue. I flew high above her so I could help her if she needed help but what I saw was a picture drawn by the universe itself. The handsome man in front of Erza gave her the tissue and told her: „Come on dear Erza. Stop shedding tears. Whatever could make Titania the great queen of the fairies cry?" She stopped sobbing and suddenly looked up. Right before her, there sat a young handsome man with blue hair and a red tattoo around his right eye. "Jellal? How?"

"Is it a crime to visit an old friend?", he stood up and helped her up too.

"N-no but I just didn't expect you to come here."

"I couldn't just let you cry here all by your own now could I?"

He chuckled nervously and smiled with his hand uncomfortably rubbing his neck:" That sounded a bit too much like Loke didn't it?"

But instead of replying, she pulled him close and kissed him. She pulled away after a minute and replied: „Just shut up", and kissed him again. He blushed but I hadn't seen either of them this happy since I know those two. Both of them had to catch their breath after they broke away from each other. "Dear oh dear, I hope I am not interrupting something", I smirked and I burst into laughter as I saw them blushing and jumping away from each other. Erza stormed after me and Jellal just laughed and followed her back into the museum. They cuddled for the rest of the evening and both enjoyed cake. That is the Erza I know and love. I am so happy that she and Jellal became a couple then. And again I had to wonder how long it would take the others.