Chapter 9: Truth be told

Romeo and Sherria were nearly crying, but they just smiled. „Wendy, you are Ok!"

"Come on Romeo I was only out for a few hours, no need to be so dramatic."

Sherria and Romeo let go of her. Then Sherria slapped Wendy. „You used a forbidden art? Are you cray-cray?" Instead of screaming back, Wendy chuckled and said: „Well, I guess I deserved this. But yes, I did and it was worth it. I saved my friends at that is all that counts. Now. Sherria, I appreciate your help but I really need to have a word with Romeo in private."

Sherria nodded: „Sure, but if he breaks your heart I will kill him!" She left the room and left Wendy and Romeo on their own. At first the atmosphere between them was very awkward.

After some minutes Wendy broke the silence: „D-did you mean w-what you said?"

"I-i did. I still do. I meant every last word of it. At first I didn't realize, but I began to fall you. I-it made me so happy to see you smile and I was amazed by your kindness. And when you fought me and when you healed me I just...." But before the blabbering Romeo could say another word, Wendy cut him off by pressing her lips on his. His eyes flew open and he blushed. There was that weird tingly feeling again. Now he knew that it was love. Wendy broke away from him and giggled: „You know Romeo, you talk too much. And I think that you should tell the others that I am fine while I am getting dressed", she laughed, „Unless you want to catch a peek." Romeo blushed and then ran outside: „No, o-of course not."

Wendy got dressed and chuckled: „He is so fast to be flustered."

Of course all of us were happy to see Wendy was well. And you can only imagine our faces when Wendy came out and the first thing she did was to pull Romeo to her and kissed him. We all were surprised and in shock. Wendy never was one to be so direct.

Karla was the most shocked of everyone: „When did this happen? Wendy tell me!"

"Let me think about it, no." "What, Wendy are you talking back to me?"

"Yes Karla, I am. It is none of your business."

Karla left the room without another word. The two lovebirds told us the whole story and it was interesting. Of course we all congratulated them because we were happy for Wendy and Romeo to be a thing. Even though we defeated Sally, there was still one more evening of partying. For the most part, Wendy and Romeo danced with each other or just talked, but this evening they were inseparable. On that very same night we rode home on the train and Romeo actually spent the night at Wendy's place. There was one cute couple now, but I was addicted on bringing Natsu and Lucy together. I will admit that it was a hard piece of work but I somehow managed to make it happen. Truth be told I never thought that Wendy and Romeo would have something with each other but they really fell for each other and were made to be together. Soon they took duo missions and always went out together as a team. They really were inseparable. They loved each other and trusted them with their life. Naturally, Macao wasn't too happy to hear that his son had a girlfriend but the old man will have to live with that. Sherria wasn't too happy at first, but eventually she and Romeo became close friends. All that happened in only 2 weeks. They fought monsters twice as big as themselves and won with few scars or bruises. And if he was hurt, Wendy would heal Romeo and if she was in danger, Romeo would protect Wendy with his life. The whole guild only chuckled when they saw Romeo and Wendy together and some even called her Juliet because they thought Romeo and Juliet would fit them. But of course they didn't die in the end. And Natsu and Lucy? Well, they still weren't together. But I kept on giving my best and I knew that someday I would be rewarded for it.