Chapter 8: You love her, don't you?

The door opened and a pink-haired girl appeared in the entrance. "Where is Wendy?", Sherria was breathing heavily. Romeo awoke and ran to her: „Sherria, thank god you are here. Wendy is on the bed." She ran over to the bed: „How long has she been out?"

"A few hours." Sherria started to heal:" Oh Wendy, why did you do this? You know forbidden arts are dangerous." She said it like she expected an answer.

Romeo began to get nervous: „W-will she be ok?"

"I don't know. I wish I could say: 'Yes, everything will be alright.' but I can't. Only the heavens know if she will be alright."

Romeo looked down at the unconscious Dragonslayer. Suddenly his eyes started to fill with tears and he began to weep:" Please Wendy, be safe. We need you. I, need you."

Sherria smiled and wiped away a few tears from his cheeks: "You do love her, don't you?"

"What? N-no no!" She smirked: "Oh come on, be true."

Romeo turned away, hoping to hide his blush. But then he sighed in defeat.

"Well, you got me there", he replied flustered, „Yes, I do have a crush on Wendy, so what about it?" Sherria walked up to him: „Nothing, really, it's just that Wendy has gone through really tough times and I think it would be good for her to have someone to share all the pain with. She is such a kindhearted person and she might be a bit small minded at times, but she knows what suffering and despair feel like. I just want her to have someone she can tell anything and she can trust."

The gloomy mood didn't get better when Sherria made that comment, but it soon lighted up a bit. Sherria smiled in a scary way and asked: „So, when did this start and how did this happen? Come on Romeo, spill the goods and don't you dare leave out any of the juicy gossip."

Romeo got nervous: "J-jeez you can be crazy. A-and scary for that matter. But I might as well tell you." He took a deep breath and started the story. "It happened about 2 days ago, on the second day of this party. Wendy was in a bad mood so I tried to cheer her up. Whenever she would smile it made my heart skip a beat. At that evening we did some fights for entertainment, and there were bets too. Wendy and I were told, that the looser must kiss the winner and since Erza said yes, we didn't really question it. The moment I kissed Wendy I felt tingly all over and I guess that is when I really started to fall in love with her. In that fight, she messed me up pretty bad but I said I was fine. After the battle we were tired so we just went to a quiet corner and watched. During the night I had a pretty bad nightmare and the scars began aching so Wendy insisted on healing me. She also wanted to hear about my nightmare. I just felt I could talk to her about it. Afterwards she stayed with me just in case I got bad dreams. By that point, I was hopelessly head over heels for her."

Sherria was in shock: „Hold it mister, are you saying you shared a bed with her?"

"W-well, if you say it like that it kind of sounds weird."

"It is weird. I mean come on, why did you guys share a bed?"

"I had nightmares and she wanted to comfort me!"

"Still, you really kissed her because of that stupid fight?"

"Yeah, so what? Erza was looking and you know if we hadn't she would have been mad."

Sherria got mad. Magic built up in her fist: „Break her heart, I dare you"

Suddenly they heard a giggle. Wendy was sitting up in her bed and chuckled: "Geez Sherria, don't go overkill. And Romeo, I heard every word you said. I think we will have a little chat later." The situation got awkward but both ran to Wendy, hugged her and smiled that she was Ok.