Chapter 12:

Natsu awoke that morning and grinned as he saw Lucy still hugging him in her sleep. He put a few loose hairs behind her ears. Lucy looked so innocent and peaceful. So cute. So beautiful. At that very moment Natsu decided to protect Lucy no matter the cost. He would do anything to see this girl smile. And if anyone would hurt her, he would kill them. "Lucy..... I love you", he said to himself. Lucy was still deep asleep, so Natsu gave her a quick peck on the lips. She didn't wake up but Mavis sat in a corner and giggled. "Master Mavis? W-what are you doing here?" "Oh don't worry Natsu, I won't tell her. I came to wake you for your last part of the trial. But I see you are 'busy'", she let out a giggle as his face turned a light shade of red. Lucy awoke: "What is going on? Is it trial time yet?" Natsu fleshed his signature grin: "Waking up as soon as you hear trial ey?" Mavis snickered as Lucy rubbed the back of her head: "I-i guess so?"

Only a few minutes later they were standing in the front hall of the building, Gajeel's team next to them. Master Makarov announced the last part: "It will be your task to fight. But not each other. I asked the council to make an exception so they allowed us to destroy two very troublesome dark guilds. Whoever finishes first wins. Simply sent us a signal flare when you are done." The guys laughed in joy and got ready, while the girls shivered in fear. "Will we pull through Levy?" "Of course Lu-Chan. Why wouldn't we? Won't the boys protect us?" "To be honest Levy, they are the main thing I am afraid of. I trust them but they can get a bit...... drastic when it comes to fighting."

Natsu and Lucy stood in front of the dark guild and were about to storm in. But Natsu saw that Lucy was afraid and he pulled her close: "Don't worry Luce, I will protect you." She smiled and hugged him: "I know you will"

They stormed in and attacked with full power eradicating a quarter of the guild. As Lucy changed into her Aquarius star dress, she fought with all her might but as they had almost defeat the dark guild, Lucy got shot in the back by a spell. She let out an agonized cry as she fell to the floor, soon fainting. Tears shot into Natsu's eyes as he saw his best friend lying on the ground wounded: "LUCY! Lucy? Talk to me. Please!" He cried and laughter began to spread under the dark guild members. His eyes shot white open and flames formed in his hands. "This was the worst decision of your life." With those words he killed everyone in the building and left with Lucy in his arms. He then shot the signal flare up in the air.

Few minutes later the others arrived and saw the destroyed building as well as the badly hurt Lucy. Wendy started to run towards Natsu and his teammate and screamed in tears: "No, Lucy!" As she stood right before them, she began to heal. After a few seconds though, she stopped and put her hands before he mouths, tears streaming down her face. She then looked at the others and demanded: "Bring her and medical equipment to Tenrou. Now!" The other wizards looked confused but her tears made them suddenly understand. The Tenrou tree, made sure that no-one with Fairy Tail guild mark could die. If Wendy wanted Lucy to be on Tenrou, than she was in a bad condition.

Minutes later another signal flare was sent. Some people picked up Gajeel and Levy, while the others took Lucy and the equipment to Tenrou. On the way there Mira walked over to Wendy: "H-hey. C-can your magic sense if someone is pregnant?" Wendy looked a bit surprised at the question. But then she smiled: "If you are asking about yourself, it can. And yes Mirajane, you are pregnant with Laxus child." Mira's face had a show of emotions at that point, shock, happiness worry and more. But then she calmed down and tears of happiness came out of her eyes.

"U-uh Mirajane please don't cry i didn't mean to make you cry!" Mirajane chuckled about that: "Oh Wendy, these are tears happiness." They hugged each other and Mira stormed to Laxus to give him the news. He was very happy and lifted her up into the air. Romeo came to her side and laughed: "You look like you want to do that too." And before she could reply romeo simply lifted Wendy up in the air.