Chapter 6: Quality time

"Hey Luce. How are you?"

"Good Natsu. This party is a bit tiring though. Shall we do something else?", she politely asked.

"Whoa, are you Lucy Heartfilia? The girl I know never would leave such a party. Not if it would endanger the job."

"Meh, I don't really care. Sally and Zeref won't come until day 5 or so. Just for plot convenience."

"For what?", he was confused and even more confused when she replied with a grin and a:"Nothing!!!!"

"Now, shall we get something to eat Natsu?"

"Lead the way Milady." And they went away. After 5 minutes of walking they came to a restaurant and sat down. They ordered their food and waited. Natsu told her about Igneel and about some of his scars. And she shared her past, all of it. She did her best to speak normally but after few sentences she teared p and continued her story in tears. She sobbed and tears ran down her face. Natsu knew if tears left physical scars, her face would be covered in them. But he also knew tears don't leave physical scars, but they are pain, put together and getting relieved. He then pulled her close, covered her mouth with his palm and kissed her on the cheek: „Please stop crying Luce, it just doesn't suit you. You are the most cheerful person I know, so you should smile. "

She pushed away his hand and forced a smile. But that wasn't a smile. It was a poor excuse for a fake smile even a blind person could see through.

"Please Luce. If you won't smile, I will make you smile", and with those words he pulled her even closer and linked his lips with hers. Natsu actually surprised himself by doing this, but for some reason he felt so good and so right doing this. He stopped the kiss and looked at her. She looked shocked for a second, but then her frown disappeared and instead, she smiled.

"There is that dazzling smile of yours. You should always smile, you look so gorgeous with a wide smile."

Without replying she took him by the scarf and pulled him into another kiss. When she broke away, Lucy chuckled and let go: „And this, was payback."

"Didn't feel like payback though. You enjoyed it as much as me aren't I right?"

"Maybe. Don't think of anything funny now Natsu Dragneel. Don't get used to it."

"Wouldn't dream of it princess."

She blushed a bit and was happy when the food finally arrived. They spend the rest of the evening eating and talking. Before they went to sleep, He kissed her and laid her on the bed. After he got into his pajamas and she was changed by Virgo, they laid down next to each other and cuddled close. Natsu had laid his arm around her waist and he looked like a dragon protecting his collected treasure. But I guess, it makes sense, since she is his most valuable treasure. But he just hasn't told her yet. But just as with Wendy and Romeo, I decided I won't push them into each other. I will let them find out themselves. And the moment they confess, I will be happier than ever. This will be so much fun.

Oh and kids, do me the favor and don't break the fourth wall, we have Lucy for that.