Chapter 18: Nova Dreyar

Well well, look who actually found the time to write on his vacation. I am glad I found a bit of time to do this, but as always, it will be very short..... onto the story

Laxus P.O.V.

Being a father is a wonderful experience and I love every second I am with my wonderful wife and my two week old daughter Nova. But even though it was a wonderful experience, it was exhausting. I had to get up in the middle of the night at least twice to rock her back to sleep, or to give her a bottle of her milk. The hardest part was to get her to sleep again, my deep raspy voice seemed to have a calming effect on her when i sang her lullabies. I am also greatfull for my siblings-in-law and the Thunder legion. Of course Mirajane's siblings treated her niece wonderfully, but Bixlow, Evergreen and Freed all treted her as if she was their own child too, they sometimes even fight who gets to have the turn of taking care of Nova. Everytime Lisanna or Elfman get to watch over Nova, their respective partner joins them, it is quite adoreable.

Gramps was happy too, he now had a great grand kid he could spoil, and she already got her guild stamp, yellow with a blue line around it, on her left thigh. We decided on the blue line because it resembles the guild mark of her godmother and the hair colour of her godfather to be... someday at least.

Everyone at the guild loves Nova, Natsu and Lucy sometimes take care of her, sometimes Gray and Juvia or Gajeel and Levy. Today, Nova is gonna be babysitted by Wendy and Romeo. The dragon slayers of course have their exceeds with them, so the baby is always in good hands or paws. There is no person that hasn't had or asked for a turn with her yet, and We are greatful for it, it makes the whole parenting thing a lot easier. and it helps too that her halphas form isn't strong yet... she really likes to use it a lot, but we can manage.

"Laxus! Your daughter is trying to fly away!", speak of the devil i guess. I transform in my lightning mode and catch my daughter, laying her back down in her krip, while Mira finishes the last things that Romeo and his girlfriend will need. Afterwards, I lay her in her stroller and put her bag next to her, she giggles sweetly and tries to eat a piece of fabric.

"Hun? she tries to eat your red dress.... again!", I yell and her curses can be heard all through the mansion.

"Again?Does it really taste that good?"

"Seems so", is all I reply with a chuckle.

After we get rid of the saliva covered ripped dress, we bring her to the guild where Romeo and Wendy eagerly wait.

Wendy tackled Mirajane into a hug: "Thank you Mira, I really apreciate that you trust us this much, we will take good care of her!" Romeo just stood next to her and chuckled at her excitement.

"I know you two will, now go, have fun with Nova", Mira smiles at them and we begin to walk away. Let's see what they will do.

Romeo P.O.V.

Wendy pushed the stroller to the park and we are now currently sitting near a small lake, picnicking. Wendy sits on the blanket and gives Nova the bottle of milk Mira and Laxus prepared while i get out our sandwiches.I just can't help but notice what a wonderful mother Wendy would be. I feel my cheeks heat up just as the thought enters my mind. I can't think about stuff like that! she is my girlfriend but still... she is far too young for stuff like that. I guess i stared at her for quite some time because her face is flushed.

"R-romeo-kun? C-could you please not s-stare l-like that?"

I blush even more: " I-i a-am sorry Wendy, I just couldn't help to notice how pretty you are today", I try to say smoothly or in any way to distract her from the fact that I just stared at her for a few minutes.

She blinks a few times, face still flushed before bursting out into a giggle, still keeping Nova close in her arms. 

"Did you just try to flirt with me?", she asks, still giggling a bit.

"Tried? I thought it was good", I say, pouting a bit.

Wendy chuckles and kisses my cheek: "You were great. Now, do you want to hold her?"

I nod excitedly and she passes Nova over to me. Suddenly Nova touches my ceek, giggling and smiling. I can feel my heart melt and Wendy looks pretty much the same I did.

"I want to become a mother too someday", Wendy smiles and shines brighter than the sun.

"Wek'll, you will be a great mother someday", I say, the temperature in my cheeks rising.

"And you will be an amazing father", she replies with her chuckle that made me fall apart.

It is a nice day.

A/N: heya guys, I managed to write and publish this week. I might publish a chapter in my lemon book this week too, but I can't say it certainly.

Hugs

Scaredy_cat