PART 1..... Victor's entertainment

( Pic of Lena)
Lena's POV
...........

The ringing in my ears was louder than anything else. It wasn't until I tasted metal that I noticed I was bleeding. " Get up." Victor commanded. My abuser. His strong rough hands collided with my neck sending me to the floor again. "I'm over your bullshit." he stated. He grabbed a fistful of my hair and threw me against the cabinets once more. I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain to end. "Alright that's enough fun for me." He laughed. "Start cooking."

This is my life. The life of Lena Carter.

                                   The next day
I woke up with an aching back and a bunch of new bruises. "Nothing a little makeup can't cover up." I said to myself. I drag myself out of bed, trying my hardest not to make a sound. Victor hates it when I wake him up in the morning.

I was thrown into the foster care system when I was 3. After my mom got into drugs and prostitution, she didn't want me getting in the way of her "work" anymore. She would always forget me at school or lock me out of the house. She yelled at me every single day and one time she "accidentally" drugged me. Until one day the police just concluded that my mother wasn't suited to care for me anymore.
And I hate her for that. 

The only difference between her and Victor was that mom never hit me. She use to forget to feed me or lock me in my room for weeks without any food, but she never hit me.

A loud bang came from downstairs, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Damn it!" Victor is awake. That's my cue to leave.

I open up my bedroom window and get my bag. I hop out and start making my way to Independence High. Definitely not my escape from reality.

This is my life. The life of Lena Carter.

Authors note
Hi readers!!!!!! I hope you're enjoying the book so far! I know this chapter was a little boring but I promise it'll get better. So.... what do you think of Lena's character? Do you think Victor is truly abusive? What do you think is gonna happen at school? Keep reading Dragged in to find out. Don't forget to
Like
Comment
And
Vote