PART 24......Confessions and Apologies

(Pic of Alec)
Lena's POV

Alec was taken to the nearest hospital along with Brenden and Oscar. Brenden and Oscar had quick procedures and were on the way to recovery.

Before Alec went into the surgery room, he apologized to Oscar but didn't say a word to Jax. I held his hand as long as I could until we got separated for surgery.

I cried when they took him in. The doctors told me they didn't think he was gonna make it and they where going to put him in a temporary room.

I broke down after this and I needed Logan, Roger and Cypress to comfort me. It's been a week since I've seen Alec. Oscar and Brenden were out of the hospital and were completely healed, while Alec was still fighting for his life.

"Ms. Carter. Alec is in ICU. He requested to see you."

I walked through the empty hospital to ICU. Alec was laying down, awake. He was hooked up to so many machines and wires. He still managed to look incredible.

"Lena." He whispered, sitting up.
I raced towards him and stood next to his bed.
"I missed you." I cried.
"Just come here." He laughed.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me down to his face. We kissed for a long time before we heard a knocking on the door.

"Hey Alec." Roger said, walking in. Cypress and Logan followed shortly after.

"How are you feeling?" Roger asked.
"Like crap." Alec laughed.

The room started to fill with voices and laughs as we all spoke with Alec until Alec's smile faded.

"There's something I have to tell you guys." He began.

"The doctors told me that my wound was already infected when I got here. It was already too late to remove the bullet. I lost a lot of blood." He huffed. "They don't think I'm gonna last more than two weeks."

The room fell silent.

I felt my heart shatter into millions of pieces. But stomach started to hurt and my heart started pounding. Alec, my kidnapper. My leader. My savior. My love, saying his goodbyes. I was going to have to watch him take his last breath. I was going to watch him slowly drift into a sleep he would never wake up from. I would have to see him die.

"I'm sorry guys." Alec whispered.

"No this isn't right! There's gotta be something they can do!" Roger yelled. "Alec! You're my best friend! You're all I left. You can't, die." Roger cried falling next to his bed.

"Boss, whats gonna happen to the gang?" Logan added.

"I want Roger to lead it." Alec whispered.

"Me?" Roger asked with tearful eyes.
"Yes, you. I know I can trust you, but you're gonna need some help. Cypress I want you to lead beside Roger. Like a co-leader or something."

"Of course, whatever you wish Alec." Cypress said.

"Now, can I get a moment alone with Lena?" Alec  asked.

"Of course sir." Logan said. All three of them left, leaving me alone with Alec.

"Lena, I love you so much. I'm sorry I didn't give you the life that you wanted. I couldn't protect you from Victor. I couldn't even protect myself." Alec cried.  "I guess I'm not as strong as Jax after all. Lena, I want you to be happy, and I know that Jax can bring you that happiness. Don't blame yourself for anything. Just be happy when I'm gone. I need you to promise me, Lena. Promise me."

"No! Alec I love you!" I cried. "I can't be with Jax! I want you."

Alec shook his head.

"You can't be with me when I'm dead. Please, just promise me that you won't blame yourself. That you won't dwell on my death. That you would find love and happiness somewhere else, even if it's with Jax. Please, Lena. I'm begging you."

I looked into his tearful eyes and saw my whole world. He gave me something to look forward to. He gave me a home, a family, and most importantly, he gave me love. He loved me, all of me. He loved my scars, he loved my big hair, he loved my stupid sense of humor. He loved me for me, and I loved him for him.

"I promise." I cried.

"Do you remember what I told you at the gazebo?" Alec asked. " I told you that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm more than happy to say that we've succeeded. I get to spend my last moments with the person I love most."

I ran next to him and kissed him. I kissed him so roughly and slowly. I wanted to cherish every moment I had with him.

"I love you so much Lena."
"I love you too Alec."

HI MY LOVELIES!!!
I'm sooo sorry for such a sad chapter! :(((((
I really love Alec but it's time for some sadness for the book. Alec gave up the gang to Roger and he wants Lena to go live with Jax. It's sooo sad but heartwarming at the same time. He really does love Lena. So... how will Jax react to the news? What's going to happen to Alec's gang? When will Alec pass? Keep reading Dragged In to find out. Don't forget to
Like
Comment
And
Vote
:)