PART 39.........Retirement

Pic of Lena
Jax's POV

"I'm sorry for yelling." I said to all my friends. "I was angry and disappointed. I took out all my anger on you guys. Roger is gone. I'm safe."

All of my friends stood by me. Even though they left, they left to pursue their dreams and have lives of their own.

Even though Logan and Cypress weren't on my side throughout the whole time, they've grown close to me just like Ive grown close to Alec. I needed them just like any other.

I was raised with Brenden and Oscar. They were my best friends. I loved them with all my heart and Courtney was like my sister. Seeing her baby opened my eyes. There's life outside of the gang.

I don't have to be powerful to be happy. I don't need money or fame to be happy. I don't need people to fear me to be happy. All I need are my friends and family.

I always thought that Courtney's son would be the future of my gang. I don't want to put him in danger. I want him to be safe. I want my child to be safe.

"Are you ok, Jax?" Courtney asked me.
I looked up at her and all of my friends, and smiled.

"I'm fine." I said softly.

A hard knock came from across the room. Everyone's eyes shot to the door.

"Mister Walker. Good news. You are free to go. Your wound healed up nicely. Just finish up some paper work and you can leave!" The doctor smiled.

All of my friends cheered and Lena smiled at me and grabbed my hand.

"Guys." I began. All of my friends looked at me. "I hate to ruin the moment, but there's something I have to tell you."

My friends smiles dropped. Their once happy expressions changed.

"I'm quitting the gang." I said.

Everyone gasped and started to whisper.

"But why?" Brenden spoke out.

"Nobody is involved anymore. I've been holding on to the gang for years. This gang has taught me so much. I learned how to use a gun. I learned how to fight. I learned how to pick locks and steal. But most importantly, I learned how to love. If it weren't for this gang, I wouldn't have met any of you." I looked up at Lena. "I wouldn't have met the love of my life. I want to have a baby like Cypress and Courtney. I want to be able to go out and have fun like Logan. I want to be able to find what I'm good at and love like Oscar. I want to have a life, like all of you. I've been holding on to this gang for my entire life. It's time to let go."

I got off of my hospital bed. I felt the stares of my friends on my back as I packed up my stuff. I signed my paperwork and I left it on the desk.

"I'm ready to leave this life behind and start a new one with all the people I love."

Courtney and Cypress smiled, Logan and Oscar laughed, and Brenden hugged me.

"Lena? I know we're young and I know we have our whole lives ahead of us, but I love you more than anything. Do you wanna spend the rest of your life with me? Lena Carter will you marry me?"

She looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes.

"Of course I will."

HI MY LOVELIES!!!
So I have some issues with this chapter. First, I feel like I kinda repeated myself. YIKES. Also, Jax and Lena are extremely young to get married they're only in the mid-twenties, so I didn't know if they should get married or not. These last few chapters took place over a couple of years, just wanted to make that clear! They already graduated high school and they are considered adults however still not old enough to actually get married, but heck I did it! So.... what's next for Jax and Lena? Will all of their friends stick together? What's next for everyone? Keep reading Dragged In to find out! Don't forget to
Like
Comment
And
Vote
:)