Chapter 11

Demetrius

"I don't need you to follow me to the bathroom Andre I've got it," Essence glared at her brother before hopping off to find the restroom. I couldn't help but laugh at her spoiled ass.

She's been salty the entire time because Andre hadn't been minding her too much. Even as a grown woman you can tell she's spoiled as hell. "Hard headed ass," Andre chuckled.

"Tell me about it. So what brings you here in New York?"

"Got a meeting with some Corp heads. Was just going to be here for today but with her hopping around I was able to extend my visit until Saturday. All of us at home worry about her."

"Yeah? Guess I'd worry too if my little sister moved far from home."

"Yeah and other reasons," he took a sip of his drink. "She plays tough but she's got a lot on her heart and spirit so I'm paranoid with her being alone. Glad to know she's got someone looking after her."

"So you're not going to threaten my life?" I raised my brow. I heard about him always chasing dudes away from his sister. I expected him to do the same with me.

"Don't need to," he said. "Not only do I know your family but I know you. And you know me so I don't think I need to further prove the length I'm willing to go for my little sister."

"Right," I nodded. "You don't have to worry so much man, promise. As long as I'm around she's safe."

"I'm going to hold you to that." Essence cane hopping back to the table. "Since this took longer than expected I'm going to have to leave right now to make my meeting. I won't be able to drop you off."

"That's okay. I'll catch an Ub-"

"No the hell you won't," I said. "The hell I done tell you about that Uber shit? I'm taking you home."

She sucked her teeth. "Whatever. At least stop by the office so I can get my paperwork."

"Yeah okay but you're not walking." Andre paid the bill and told Essence he'd see her back at the apartment. She went to open the door but I closed it. "Princess, don't open a single door when you're in my presence. Got me?"

"Why do you have to be so damn extra?" She rolled her eyes. "I'm not handicapped. I can open doors."

"What I say?"

"Whatever Trap."

"It's Demetrius to you." I opened the door and helped her in.

Essence

I've learned it's better not to argue with this jack. He's stubborn as hell and I don't have time to deal with him. Plus I can't really complain since I love riding in his Tahoe. It's so nice. "What were you and my brother talking about?"

"What makes you so sure we were talking about anything?"

"Because I saw y'all," I narrowed my eyes. I couldn't make it to the table fast enough to really hear what was being said but it looked serious. "Spill."

He smirked. "Oh we weren't talking about much. Just how you had this huge crush on me back when we were in school."

My jaw dropped. "You lying fucker! I couldn't stand your ass in school!"

"It's okay babe. I know it's hard to admit your feelings."

"It's not hard at all to admit I ha-" He suddenly grabbed my face and brought me closer to him. 

"Careful princess," he said lowly. "That's a very strong word to use. I suggest you use it wisely."

"O-Okay," my heart was beating like crazy. He let my face go with a smirk. I glared at him. "Jerk." We pulled up to the office and I was about to get out but the door locked. "What the-"