Chapter 37

Essence 

A week. That's how long I've been here. And the only reason why I know that is because the kidnapper guy brought a TV in here to preoccupy my time. I guess he's gotten tired of my banging and yelling. It's been all over the news that Demetrius is getting arrested for my kidnapping. I know he didn't do it and all the evidence is fake. 

They apparently found my blood in his car and considering I'm not hurt anywhere I know that's a lie or they took some when I was knocked out. I was glad to see Frock would be proceeding over the case but with all the 'evidence' piling up against him I doubt there's much he can do. They also found drugs and my DNA all over his house when they went 'searching' for me. So now he's facing drug trafficking charges and my kidnapping/possible murder. All I wanted to do was cry. He was going to jail for something he didn't do. 

"I'm not losing hope," Jermaine said. "We have every possible man working around the clock to find her. Essence Jackson does NOT deserve to die because of this monster. He's held her hostage long enough. I'll put up a reward myself for anyone who has information that can lead her home."

"Fuck you," my scratchy voice cracked. I wrapped the blanket around me tighter as I got colder. I think from all this damp air I may be coming down with something. I'm tired all the time, my throat is killing me, I'm congested and coughing, not to mention it's been getting harder and harder to breathe. I need to get out of here ASAP. I need to prove that Meechie didn't do it. I need to save him. 

"Lunch," the man brought in a tray with my food. He's had his face covered up every time he comes in here so I can never see his face. He put the tray down next to the other one. He scuffed. "You trying to starve yourself to death? Kind of dramatic don't you think?" I didn't say anything to him. Ever since I lost my voice there's not much I could say. "You should eat something girl. You're not going to be here forever. Just until the trial ends."

"W-why?" My voice cracked badly. I cleared my throat painfully and felt tears come to my eyes. 

"I'm just paid to keep you here until he's gone. So stop being stubborn and eat something. You're no good to me dead." I coughed hard making it hard to breathe for a second. The guy reached over and touched my forehead. I quickly moved away from him. "Geez you're burning up. Stay here, and eat that damn food." He's surprisingly caring for someone who kidnapped me. And where the hell did he think I was going locked in here? I heard murmured talking outside and slowly made it to the door. I pressed my ear to it and tried listening on who he could be talking to. "This is getting bad man, I think she's coming down with something. She's not eating and her face is burning up but she's shivering like she's cold. The fuck am I supposed to do?" It was quiet for a while. "What type of medicine? I don't know shit about this." More silence. "Alright alright! Relax man. I'm not going to let her die. You're doing a lot for someone who doesn't even give a fuck about you. I'm going to the store right now. I'm going man. Geez!"  I guess he hung up since his footsteps started leading away from the door. 

I shuffled my way back to the cot. I coughed hard, hurting my chest and throat. Every day it gets worse. I must have an infection from all of this damp air. If I don't get out of here soon, it'll only get worse. I only have so much energy right now. I glanced at the tray and noticed hot tea. I guess for my sore throat. I can't eat but drinking should help. Especially with my throat. I was so weak I could barely hold the cup. I used the plastic spoon he left to lift it to my mouth. Tears came to my eyes. I wanted to go home. 

Andre 

"This is getting bad man, I think she's coming down with something. She's not eating and her face is burning up but she's shivering like she's cold. The fuck am I supposed to do?" The unknown man said over the phone. 

"What do you mean what are you supposed to do? Keep her the fuck alive! Force feed her if you have to," Jermaine said. "And give her some medicine."

"What type of medicine? I don't know shit about this."

"Cold and flu medicine asshole! She's probably sick because of that damn building you got her in. Put some more sleeping drugs in her meds so you can move her out of there. She can't get any sicker. If we're not careful she could get extremely sick and die. I don't want that."

"Alright alright! Relax man. I'm not going to let her die. You're doing a lot for someone who doesn't even give a fuck about you."

"If she dies you die!" He growled. "Go get the fucking medicine."

"I'm going to the store right now. I'm going man. Geez!" They hung up from each other. 

"Got anything?" I asked Jones. Once I figured out the Watson was setting everything up, I knew what I had to do. We've been monitoring anything electronic he's done for the past week. We've got just about every bit of evidence that contradicts his evidence against Demetrius but we've been purposely holding it back until the trial for many reasons. This will be one of the evidences we'll play to the jury. 

"Not a location. It's a burner phone." I cursed. I need to get my sister out of there. Now. 

"We think we've got someone who can help," AJ said walking in the room followed by some people. "This is Chase, his grandfather was this computer whiz and he inherited some of his genius."

"How can you help?" I asked. "And who's the rest of them?"

"PGS," he said. "Allies of ours. When they found out what was going on they rushed to lend us a hand."

I nodded. "Do what you can." The guy nodded and went to work alongside Jones. "So what can you do that Jones can't?"

"Find the guy," he said plainly before pulling out a USB. "You watch Fast and the Furious?"

I looked at him weird. "Yeah."

"Remember the seventh movie when the crew had to obtain the 'God's eye'?"

"Yeah?"

"Just think of this program as a copy cat. A rough copy cat. This'll be the first time I get to test it out. It doesn't work the same or is as advanced as it is in the movie. But it can use the voice wavelengths to determine who this guy is."

"How is that supposed to help us? I don't give a damn who he is I just need to know where he's got my sister."

"Once we find out who he is we can pinpoint where he was seen coming from and where he's going. We'll find his hideout. There's a million cameras all over this city. We'll find him." We all sat around, in amazement at this new technology this kid made based off of a movie. "I think she's got something." I moved to the edge of my seat as the program began zooming in to New York. "Got something. Eric Ranger, ex-military. Not good military since he's been dishonorably discharged. Camera caught him two minutes ago leaving this abandoned building."

"Let's go," I said getting the address and leaving. AJ, Bryson, Shawn, Jules, and all of our dads followed quickly. 

"He's a dead man," my pops growled.

"Glad you know," I gritted as I tightened my hold on the wheel. Hold on Essence, we're coming. 

Of course our girl wouldn't be kidnapped long! And Andre has a sinister plan for dealing with Jermaine. Can't wait to see what he does now. As we all know he has no problem destroying everything a person cherishes for the people he loves. Tell me what you think.