Chapter 24

Essence 

"Let me go!" I screamed. So many hands were tugging and pulling off my clothes. I kicked and thrashed around but it did nothing. "Stop!" I cried. I screamed as the knife went across my stomach. Pain wrapping my body in it's embrace. "P-Please? I just want to go home."

He smirked sickly at me. "This is home now sweetheart." He opened my legs and ripped my panties. I screamed loud. "Nobody can hear you princess." My mind jumped to the one person who called me that. "I bet you-"

"Demetrius!" I yelled out. "Help me! Please! Help!"

"Shut her-"

"Let her the fuck go!" The guys scrambled and started shooting. I sat in the backseat of the car crying. My stomach was killing me and I was frozen in fear. The back window shot out. I ducked and screamed. "Essence!"

"Help!" I yelled. 

"Let's get out of here." One person jumped in the driver's seat while others piled in. I tried getting out but one of the guys grabbed me and pushed me back in. "Who the fuck are those niggas?!"

"Let me go! Help! Somebody!"

"Shut up bitch!" One back handed me. I cried holding my face. "We need to-oh shit!" Something slammed into the back of the jeep making the driver swerve around a bit. They hit us again and he lost control of the truck and crashed. I flew from the back and to the front, but luckily, not out of the window. "Shit! Just leave the bitch bruh!" They all got out and left me there. 

"Essence?!" The door opened and there he stood. The person who was able to save me. 

"D-Demetrius," I sniffled. I jumped forward and into his arms. I cried deep in my chest. "I-I was s-so scared. T-T-They-"

"Shush," he soothed. "I got you princess. Everything's going to be okay." I cried and held onto him like my life depended on it.

"D-Don't leave me," I cried. "P-Please."

I felt a hand on the side of my face. My eyes popped open and found myself staring at Demetrius. He looked at me with a look of seriousness and sadness. "I won't," he said. "Not again. You don't have to cry anymore." I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes. Bewildered that he was even here so soon. I looked at the time and saw it was getting close to eight at night. I didn't realize I slept for so long. His hand went up and wiped the tears I'm sure fell while I was sleeping. "How long?" I looked at him, knowing what he meant. 

"Every night since you left," I muttered. "Haven't had a decent night's sleep since."

"Damn," he cursed lowly. "I wasn't there. I wasn't fucking there!"

"I'm used to it."

"You shouldn't be used to that shit Essence. I should've been there like I fucking promised." He removed his hand from my face. He stood up and started pacing. "This is all my fault. I shouldn't have left you like that. I should've fought to stay with you."

I tried ignoring the butterflies in my stomach. "It's okay Demetrius. Really. You had no obligation to protect me. I get it." I got out of bed and stood in front of him. "Things could've and would've end up a lot worse had you not shown up when you did. You saved my life. And even though I haven't been showing it, I'm eternally grateful to you for that. Even when I was rude to you all year you dropped everything to save me."

"I would do it again with no hesitation," he said looking me in my eyes showing how serious he was. "I would, will save you a thousand times if I have to Essence. I mean that."