Chapter 39

Essence

I shook my head as the news reporter stated the development in the case. Apparently, Jermaine ended up being arrested for my kidnapping. I have to admit I was a bit surprised. I knew he didn't like Demetrius at all but I didn't think he'd go to such lengths just to put him away. Shows how little we really know each other. I just don't get why he was so fixated on putting him away and why it was so important to him. Maybe I'll never know.

My door swung open suddenly making me jump. I was taken back when I saw Demetrius standing there breathing hard like he just ran a marathon. "Wait how did you-" He cut me off by damn near squeezing the life out of me. "Can't. Breathe." I wheezed.

"Sorry," he said quickly letting me go. "Damn I'm just happy to see you princess. Are you okay?"

"Mostly yeah. They've been giving my antibiotics since I came here and it's been helping slowly. I'm still pretty weak but my fever is gone and I can breathe a bit better." I moved over so he can sit in the bed with me. He cuddled up next to me and laid his head on my chest. I smiled and rubbed my hands through his head. And I'm the spoiled baby. "How'd the hell did you get here so quick though? Didn't your trial just end?"

"The minute the judge said I could go I was out. Almost caused like a dozen accidents."

"Really?" I laughed. Of course he'd say it like it was nothing.

"Yes really. I hadn't seen my woman in weeks. I needed to make sure you were okay."

"Damn nigga just left our asses," Shawn said walking into the room. "Barely kept up with your ass."

"My bad y'all."

"Get your big ass out that bed," my dad said walking into the room.

"Leave my baby alone daddy," I said hugging him. "He missed me."

"We all missed you spoiled ass," Andre said. "But you're sick. You know pops ain't having none of that." Demetrius muttered under his breath before getting up.

"Y'all suck. So what happened? I want inside details." They explained the whole trial to me. My face twisted up when they said Jermaine called me 'the love of his life'. What the fuck? "So he was like...still in love with me?"

"Duh," they all said.

"I didn't even know the nigga and I knew that," Mr. Haynes said.

"She's just a little slow y'all," Meechie said. I mugged him. "It's okay babe. I knew it for a while so I'm used to your slow ways."

"Fuck you nigga," I flicked him off. "I don't like y'all. Where's my momma and sisters? And my best friend? Y'all mean I don't want y'all here no more."

"You'll live. You were bold enough to stab a nigga's eyes out so you can handle some shit talking," Jules said.

"Speaking of which, when did y'all find her? Why didn't anybody tell me?"

"We found her about two days ago. Unfortunately we couldn't track down the driver that kidnapped her but we're still looking," Mr. Haynes said.

"And we didn't tell you so you could focus on the trial," AJ said. "Because we knew the moment you knew we found her your ass was going to skip the trial and fuck up the whole plan."

Demetrius nodded. "That's true. Once I knew she was safe I'd probably move to end the shit and move on."

"Yeah. Which is why we kept you in the dark. I needed for him to be exposed."

"Evil ass," my dad coughed.

I looked at him crazy. "And I wonder where he gets that from."

"Me too. I never did no shit like this nigga. You sure we're related?"

"Pretty sure."

"Must be get that from your momma. Both of y'all some evil fuckers."

"Essence!" Crystal ran in teary eyed. "I'm so glad you're okay! I was so worried about you."

"I'm fine Crystal. Promise," I hugged her. "Where are the babies? I missed them."

"My mom has them. I'll bring them when you're feeling better. Doctors say they could catch pneumonia from you." I pouted. Looks like I won't get to love them up. "Where's the fucker that did this? I'll set his ass on fire."

"What the hell is with you and fire?" AJ looked at her crazy.

"Don't worry about that. Just tell me who and where."

"Jermaine Watson. He's already looking at life so you won't get to him."

"Oh I will. Just point me to what prison he gets sent to. I know some people."

"I like her," Andre chuckled.

"Go like your wife," AJ said moving Crystal closer to him. I chuckled and smiled as everyone bickered amongst themselves. Demetrius snuck his way back into my bed and this time my dad didn't say anything. He did side-eye us though. I guess he'll let it slide this one time.

"Someone's missing," Meechie said. "Where the hell is Bryson?"

"And Rhi?" I asked.

"Now that you mentioned it," Crystal said. "She's been acting kind of weird lately. Let me call her."

"No need, I'm here," she said walking in. She looked...different. "Best bitch! I missed you! So glad you're okay."

"I missed you too. What took you so long to get here?"

"Had to tie some things up."

"Rhi?" Crystal said staring at her. "Bitch...are you pregnant?!"

"What?" We all said before staring at her stomach. She was a big bigger in that area and rounder.

"Uh um," she muttered. "I was going to tell you-"

"Oh shit my best friend's having a baby!" I yelled before starting to cough.

"Calm down before you kill yourself," Meechie mugged me. I waved him off. "Is it Bryson's?" She chewed her lip nervously before nodding. "Does he know?"

"K-Kind of?" she rubbed her neck nervously.

"Kind of?" Crystal asked. Bryson came in after her. Crystal looked at him before her eyes zeroed in on something. "Holy shit! Are you two married?!"

"Oh lawd!" Jules put his hand over his forehead and fainted.

"What the fuck did I miss?!" I couldn't believe this. Not only is she pregnant but...she's married?! To Bryson?! What the actual fuck happened when I was gone?

Yes I know this chapter is short. Really didn't know how to continue it from there. But just one more filler chapter and then we're done! You'll all get the scoop on Bryson and Rhi in their own book sometime after Curves 2.