Chapter 35

Demetrius

"Alright everything looks straight," I said.

"Good," AJ said. Every once in a while we all do pop up visits to some of our 'sites' to make sure everything is straight. Jersey isn't one we ever worry about. Especially the one who runs it is like family to us. "What's up Mac?" We all showed him love. His grandparents were in the gang with our grandfather, Jarrett, and they continued the legacy like we did.

"What's up y'all? You should've popped up last week. You missed out."

"What happened?"

"PGS was here."

"For real? Why didn't you call us man?" PGS was this huge ass operation that our grandfather was allied with. The OG's retired way before our grandparents did but some of their kids and grand kids got back into the life and are currently running it. We've met up with them countless times and they're all cool people. They stay in their lane and we stay in ours.

"Man they only stopped in for a quick minute. Didn't even tell me they were coming. They said they'll call next time to meet up with everybody. They wanted to set up a meeting on their island to officially be allied together."

"Keep us updated on that. I'm down for it," AJ said. We crunched numbers and continued looking in the money trails and our finances. Making sure any outflow wouldn't raise red flags. We've had decades to perfect our craft. We know the thing that feds look into most is a financial trail that show discrepancies. We always make sure nothing is out of the ordinary. "We're looking good," AJ sat on the couch in Mac's office. Bryson and I both took a seat along with him. "Everyone is working efficiently too."

"You know I keep all my shit straight," Mac said leaning back in his chair. "Can't go down for no bullshit. I got a family to feed."

"Right. How's Carla?"

"Crazy as ever." We all laughed knowing just how crazy she is. "She's been asking about y'all though. Especially Crystal equally crazy ass."

"My wife ain't crazy," AJ chuckled.

"Didn't she burn down one of your cars?"

"Shut up," he straight-faced us making us laugh more. I remember that. Crystal was playing no games that day. I wish I could remember what she did it for. "Was my favorite fucking car too. And I had just bought that shit. Fool ass."

"Shouldn't have tried her," Mac chuckled. "Still can't believe you tricked her ass into marrying you. You ain't shit."

"Worked didn't it?" He shrugged sitting back. "Meechie got a little girlfriend now. She's probably just as crazy."

"She is," I chuckled. "Whole family is crazy so I wouldn't be surprised if she did some shit like that."

"I don't think she would," Bryson said. "She's that calm crazy. She won't set your car on fire but she might shoot you though."

"How is that calm crazy?" Bryson shrugged.

"All our asses got crazy women," Mac chuckled. "Except his hoe ass. He got crazy hoes though."

"I don't have hoes," Bryson said.

"It's true," I said. "Dudes been changing his life around. Think he has a girlfriend somewhere."

"Shut up nigga. No I don't. I just don't be out there as much. After that pregnancy scare, never again." Turns out the baby wasn't his. She was actually pregnant a lot longer than they were messing around. Baby came out whiter than milk so we knew it wasn't his.

"Good. Got a wake up call." Bryson smacked his lips and waved us off. "But y'all should stop by the house sometime man. Carla and Crystal ass would reek havoc though."