Chapter 3

"Han Jisung! What a pleasant surprise!" One of the new boys with blueish-gray hair exclaimed in fake enthusiasm as he plopped in the seat next to Byeol, throwing an arm around her.

"Um excuse you," Byeol threw the boy's arm off of her shoulders. "Do I even know you?"

"The fun is in the mystery, sweetheart." He smirked as Byeol rolled her eyes and went to finish her ice cream.

"What do you want, Yeonjun?" Jisung did not sound happy.

"Just heard about that party my cousin is throwing. I figured you guys would be there, and we will too. Just wanted to make sure we can keep it neutral. No fighting. We want to enjoy the party, and I'm sure you do too." The boy, apparently named Yeonjun, finished speaking and went to put his arm around Byeol again, but she wasted no time in dumping the rest of her ice cream in his lap. He immediately stood up as the boys at the table and Minki burst out laughing.

"What the fuck!" Yeonjun's friends came over to him with napkins and Byeol was pulled from her seat by Jeongin as their group swiftly left the shop.

They were all still laughing and Byeol looked down only to notice that Jeongin was still holding her hand. She smiled, but wanted her hand back before his touch made her a nervous wreck. She tapped his shoulder and pointed to their intertwined hands once he faced her. The boy let out a nervous chuckle and his face turned pink as he released her hand.

"Oh my god, Byeol! That was perfect! Did you guys see his face?" Felix was still cackling like a hyena from the stunt Byeol pulled.

"He seemed like a douche. And he called me 'sweetheart'. The only person allowed to call me anything other than my name is my wifey," Byeol turned to a smiling Minki.

"Baby!" Minki ran to her friend and engulfed her in a hug. The two girls giggle until Jisung interrupted.

"It's pretty late, we should take you guys back home."

"Oh my gosh, what time is it?" Byeol became anxious, she's never stayed out this late.

Jeongin checked his phone, "It's only 10:30."

"Only 10:30? We have school tomorrow and I never even started my homework! Come on Jisung!" Byeol grabbed Jisung's arm and dragged him to his car so he could take her home.

He chuckled as he unlocked the car and Byeol and MInki climbed inside.

"See you guys later!" Byeol waved bye to her new friends and shut the door so Jisung could take her home.

His car pulled into Byeol's driveway because it was first. She quickly thanked him and said goodnight to him and Minki as she ran in to do her homework and eventually sleep. Tomorrow was a new day.

------

The next few days went by quickly for Byeol. She had completed all of her assignments for her teachers and turned them in. She and Minki started eating lunch with Jisung and the friends that she had met.

Before she knew it, it was Friday. Her mom left to go visit her father already, so Byeol grabbed what she needed from her house for the party, and headed to Minki's house after school. Jisung had said he'd pick them up at around 9.

Minki estimated 2 hours for hair and makeup, so that left them with two hours to kill. The girls decided to do a face mask and watch "The Office" until it was time to get ready.

It was finally time. Minki dragged Byeol upstairs and sat her down in the chair in front of the mirror. Minki rolled Byeol's long and sleek hair into some big hot rollers as she was deciding what kind of makeup to put on her friend.