Chapter 21

Shitty chapter ahead, deal with it. Luv you!

———

Jeongin reached his house - more like mansion - and parked his car. As he walked into the house, a maid greeted him and welcomed him home. He smiled at the older woman and continued on his way into his father's office, his facial expression immediately hardening as he prepared to meet his father.

"Dad?" Jeongin walked into the open office and stood in front of his father's desk. "You called?"

"Yes, I have a business meeting in China this weekend and I have to leave immediately, so you'll need to take care of your sister." His father's words were slurring and Jeongin couldn't ignore the stench of alcohol emitting from his body.

"Are you drunk? Oh my gosh! Dad! It's 10 a.m. and you're already drunk?" Jeongin scoffed at his father's current state. He was about to yell at his father for being so careless, but a girl's voice stopped him.

"Innie!" The small child ran up to Jeongin and hugged his leg. He chuckled before picking her up.

"Hana!" Jeongin kissed both of his sister's cheeks as she giggled.

"Papa has to go away, but he said you'll be with me!" Her face pouted at first but suddenly lit up when she mentioned the last part.

"Yes, you two have fun, I need to leave." Their father stood up and stumbled out of the office. Jeongin held his sister close as the two watched their father attempt to walk to the car waiting for him outside. He eventually made it, and the driver helped him into the back seat, then got in the driver's seat and headed to the airport.

"Alright Hana, I'm supposed to hang out with my friends tonight, you remember Minki and Jae?" The girl nodded and Jeongin smiled. "Well I have another friend that you can meet too, her name is Byeol!"

"Byeol? That's a pretty name, Innie. Is she pretty like Minki and Jae?" Hana looked up at Jeongin as he carried her to her room.

"Yes, Hana. She is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, except you of course!" Jeongin kissed his sister's nose as she giggled and buried her face in his neck. "So Hana, I told Byeol that I'd pick her up around 7, what do you want to do until then?" Jeongin gently placed Hana on her bed and she put her finger to her chin as she was deep in thought, causing Jeongin to giggle.

"Can we go to the park? We haven't played in a long time," Hana looked at Jeongin with her puppy-eyes that he couldn't refuse.

"But it rained last night and it'll be all muddy, princess." Hana's face fell and Jeongin hated to see her sad. "How about we go out to lunch, and I take you to a movie instead?"

Hana's eyes turned into crescents as she smiled and nodded her head. "What movie can we see?"

"Hmm, I don't know what's out. I'll have to look." Jeongin sat on her bed next to her and took out his phone and saw 2 missed calls from Minki and 1 from Felix, but decided he'd call her back later. He looked up the movies that were showing near them and came across the new, live-action 'Aladdin'.

"Hey, Hana? What about 'Aladdin'?" Jeongin turned to see his sister smiling and nodding her head. He chuckled and kissed her head before standing up. "Alright, I've gotta work on some homework, but when I'm done we can go. Can you play by yourself until I'm done?"

Hana nodded her head and kissed Jeongin's cheek before he got up and left her room. As the red-headed boy walked to his room, his phone rang and Hyunjin was calling. He ignored the call and got started on his homework. He hadn't been able to spend much time with his sister since she had been sick for the last few weeks, and he wanted to be able to hang out with her.

His younger sister was the only thing that Jeongin had to physically remember his dead mother by. When she died, Jeongin's father flew into a fit of rage and destroyed all pictures with her in them and got rid of all of her belongings. At the beginning, Jeongin's father would only cry and throw things, never hurting anyone. But as Jeongin and Hana got older, their father started to come home drunk and even started hitting Jeongin. The poor boy would barely spend any time at home, and basically left the maids to raise his younger sister. He would leave early for school, and stay out late with his friends until after his father was home and already asleep. When his father left for business trips is when Jeongin spent the most time with Hana, like now.

Jeongin finished his homework in an hour and went to tell Hana. As he reached her room, he saw her playing with her dolls and he smiled at her as he watched for a moment before calling out to her. "Ready to go, princess?"

She turned her head to her brother and smiled as she nodded. Hana put her dolls to 'sleep' then put on her coat and boots before turning to Jeongin and smiling. "Let's go get food!"

Jeongin chuckled at his sister as he picked her up and gave her a piggyback ride to his car. After settling her in her carseat, he got in the driver's seat and asked where she wanted to eat. After a very loud and high-pitched 'korean barbeque' from Hana's mouth, Joengin started the car and headed to the best K-BBQ that he could think of. As he parked his car and got Hana out, his phone rang and he saw Minki calling. For like the 4th time. He sighed and answered the phone as he held Hana's hand and walked into the restaurant with her.

J: Hello? Minki? Can this wait? I'm with my sis-

M: Byeol is missing!

Jeongin stopped in his tracks as the words that Minki yelled settled in his mind.

J: W-what?

M: I called her to see how the date went and invite her out to breakfast, but she didn't answer! She's always up early, so I went over to her place to see if she was okay, but her door was wide open and her phone was on the ground! Jisung, Hyunjin, and the guys are all out looking for her now, and Jae and I are staying here in case she shows up.

J: I'm on my way!

Jeongin hung up the phone and picked Hana up as she protested.

"I'm sorry princess, something came up. One of my friends is in trouble. I'll make it up to you." Jeongin buckled his sister in her seat and then sped off in the direction of Byeol's apartment.

All he could think of was what he'd do to whoever took her.