Chapter 19

Long ass chapter ahead.

———

Byeol was nervously fiddling with her hands as the two rode in the car. Jeongin noticed her nervousness and smiled at how adorable she looked. He reached over and grabbed one of her hands in his, causing Byeol to look at him with wide eyes.

"Why are you nervous?" Jeongin chuckled as he spoke then looked back at the road.

"I just, um. I'm worried about messing this up. I've never been on a date and I don't want to do anything wrong." Byeol leaned her head back on the headrest and let out a sigh.

"Byeol, trust me. There is nothing you could do tonight that would mess this up." Jeongin smiled as he looked over at the girl. "Ooh, we're here!"

Byeol looked out the window to see an arcade. She gave Jeongin a confused look as he opened the door for her and helped her out of the car.

"Trust me, you'll love it." He held her hand and swung it as they walked into the building.

When Byeol got inside she was amazed. Since she was always so focused on her schoolwork, she never got to go out, so this was her first time in an arcade. There were games and people everywhere, and at the back, there was a American-style diner that had milkshakes and hamburgers.

She was so busy looking at everything that she hadn't noticed Jeongin pay for game cards. When she turned to smile at him he handed her a game card and asked what she wanted to play first.

"Um, I've never been to an arcade. What's good?" Byeol had to speak up because the music was a bit loud.

"Well, personally, I like to play skee ball. It's kind of like bowling," Jeongin leaned down to speak in Byeol's ear.

She nodded her head and smiled while Jeongin led her to the game he was talking about. Luckily, there were two lanes open right next to each other. Jeongin swiped his card and showed Byeol how to play, then the girl swiped her own card and tried. She grabbed a ball and rolled it down the ramp. When it reached the end, it flew up and landed in one of the holes.

"10,000?! How'd you get that? Are you sure you've never played this before?" Jeongin was in disbelief at Byeol's success on her first try. "I don't believe it. Do it again."

Byeol giggled and repeated every step, again landing in the hole for 10,000 points. Jeongin chuckled at her success and the two teens kept playing until their turn was over.

"Come on, let's try something else." Jeongin grabbed her hand and led Byeol to a basketball game. He swiped his card and Byeol turned to him with a raised eyebrow and confusion written on her face.

"Have you ever shot a basketball before?" Byeol shook her head at his question. "Well now you're going to! Watch." Jeongin took a basketball and aimed for the basket before shooting. The ball soared through the air and went in, nothing but net. He turned to Byeol. "Your turn."

She hesitantly grabbed a basketball and tried to aim like Jeongin, once she was ready, she flung the ball forwards and it soared through the air. Unfortunately, she miscalculated and used too much force. The ball bounced off of the backboard and was coming back towards Byeol's face. Her eyes widened and she turned away so it wouldn't hit her face. But when she didn't feel the ball hitting her head, she turned around to see that Jeongin had caught the ball.

"Okay, so maybe not such a hard throw?" Jeongin handed Byeol the ball again, but this time stood behind her. He reached in front of her and guided her hands with his as he showed Byeol how to do it. He brought her hands up to the right level and released the ball. It flew straight into the net and Byeol jumped in excitement.