Chapter 18

The next morning, Byeol woke up, excited for what was happening later - her date with Jeongin. She got up and got ready for school while staying in her happy mood. After she was ready, she headed downstairs and greeted her mother as she grabbed a plate of breakfast.

"Ah, Byeol. Good morning! Um, listen sweetie, I know I said that I'd be leaving tomorrow, but your father wants me there tonight because it's supposed to storm badly tomorrow and he wants me to get there safe." Byeol's mother looked at her with sorry eyes.

"So, you're leaving tonight?"

"Actually, this morning. My flight leaves at 10. I've hired some people to take your things to your new apartment during the day, so you can go straight there after school. You'll be able to come back here all weekend, but once Monday comes, the house won't be ours anymore."

Byeol stared at her mother in silence as she took in the information. "So you're leaving at 10, and I'm basically moving in to my new place tonight?" Her mother nodded her head. "Okay then. In that case, I should probably say goodbye." Byeol stood up and walked to her mom, pulling her into a hug.

"I'm sorry this is so sudden, Byeol. I do love you, and I'm going to miss you so much. I'll try to visit often, but I can't make any promises. Don't hesitate to call me, I will be so happy to hear your voice. Here," the woman gave Byeol an envelope."It has some emergency cash in case something happens."

Byeol nodded and stuck the envelope in her book bag before hugging her mom one last time. "I love you too Mom. I'm going to miss you," Byeol pulled away and wiped a tear that was threatening to fall. A horn honking caused Byeol to check the time and gasp. "That's Jisung, I've gotta go." She looked back at her mom before hugging the woman a final time and running out of the door.

As she got in the back seat of Jisung's car, Minki saw her eyes.

"Byeol, have you been crying?" Minki looked at her friend with concern.

Byeol shook her head and chuckled dryly. "Not yet. I just found out that my mom is leaving this morning and not tomorrow. So, yeah. But hey, let's not talk about that. Are you helping me pick an outfit for my date tonight or what?"

MInki squealed in excitement. "Of course! I've also enlisted the fashionista minds of Felix and Jae to help out, so I hope you don't mind!"

"Of course not, I can use all the help." The girls giggled and talked about their favorite Kpop groups the rest of the way to school as Jisung drove.

Once they arrived at school, they said goodbye to Jisung and headed to their lockers. After grabbing everything they needed, the two girls split to their classes. Time passed and no issues came up, before she knew it, Byeol was headed to the cafeteria to have lunch with her friends.

"Hey guys!" Byeol sat in the open seat between Minki and Jeongin.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Felix smirked from across the table.

"She has her date with Jeongin tonight!" Minki answered his question while smiling widely.

Byeol blushed and looked down. "Uh, I'm gonna go get some lunch. I forgot to pack one today." She stood up and headed to the lunch line. Byeol felt someone followed and turned around to confront them, but smiled when she saw Jeongin.

"Hey," she spoke softly but with a smile.

"Hey. So, are you ready for tonight? I have a few things planned that I think you'll really like." Jeongin smiled as he stood bedside her.

"Yep! But like, what should I wear? I've never done this kind of thing before." Byeol looked at him as they moved up in line and she got her food.